Departure

Renee had driven Alex and Jean to P.S.U. where they're staying in the dorm that belongs to Matt and Neil. She leaves them outside their door and goes to the girls' dorm. Alex knocks and in just a few seconds Matt swings the door open, expecting them.

Matt smiles widely, "Hi Alex!"

"Hi Matt!" Alex waves. Matt smiles and nods to Jean, who nods back at him.

"Come in," Matt steps to the side and turns back to yell, "Neil!! Your brother's here!"

"I'm right here." Neil pops up as Alex and Jean walk inside a few steps. Matt shuts the door behind them. Alex's eyes light up at the sight of Neil, and he runs to him, squeezing his torso tight. Neil pats his 5'10" brother on the head. Fingers brushing his soft red curls. Jean shakes his head lovingly at the sight of Alex acting like a puppy.

Alex's face pops up from where it's buried in Neil's neck, "Hi Neil!"

"Hi." Neil says to his brother with a straight face. Jean stands behind Alex, Neil and him nod at each other. Jean and him have been fairly good acquaintances, which Alex adores. Alex reluctantly pulls away, and the four stand in a circle.

Matt clears his throat and asks, "How are you guys?"

"Good." Alex smiles, and looks to Jean. He nods at Matt.

"Great. You probably want to go see the others," Matt suggests.

"Yeah," Alex says excitedly, "Let's go!" Neil and Jean trail behind him as he goes out and down the hall. Alex barges into the guys' room -which was unlocked- excited most to see Nicky. They had been texting a lot the past weeks, becoming great friends. He sees Kevin, Andrew, Aaron, and Nicky all sitting in the living room. Nicky looks up at the intrusion and beams when he sees Alex. He ditches his videogame controller on the floor and runs over, throwing his arms around Alex.

"Nicky!" Alex hugs the 5'10" man back.

Nicky eventually releases Alex and waves to Jean, "Hi guys!"

Alex looks over and waves to the other three. Aaron nods to him, before focusing back on his videogame. Andrew looks at him for a second then looks away. Kevin stares, giving no response. Fair enough, Alex and Kevin aren't friends.

"Hi Kev." Jean says, now standing next to Alex. Kevin's quiet, just looking at Jean.

Nicky says, "Ignore that, Thea broke up with him." Alex gasps and looks at Jean. Squinting his green eyes, Kevin scowls at Nicky who laughs at him.

"Hi Jean." Kevin huffs and looks away.

Kevin and Thea broke things off recently, they talked things out realizing they didn't have much more than physical attraction. They decided it'd be better to separate.

"Anyways, excited for a new team, a new school?" Nicky turns to Jean and Alex. In about a week they start summer practice with their new team. All thanks to Kevin.

Smiling, Alex says, "Yeah. I think so."

.
.

After some talking with Nicky, Alex and Jean go to the girls' dorm. Alex smirked at Neil staying behind and plopping down right next to Andrew on the couch. He didn't dare say anything though. At Baltimore Alex figured the two out just like the Foxes did.

Alex knocks and Renee lets them in.

"Have you said hi to everyone?" Renee asks.

"Yeah," Alex and Jean walk in and Alex looks to Dan and Allison on the couch, "Hi guys."

"Hello there." Allison smiles and waves to them.

Dan turns her attention towards them, "Hey. How are you guys?"

Alex and Jean share a glance, "We're doing alright, thanks."

She's been showing them kindness. If you're good in Neil's book, you're good in Matt's book. So Dan has copied Matt's openness to be friends with the two. Like with Aaron, he's been civil because they treat Nicky good, he's been ignoring the relation to Josten. Same for Andrew, he understands Alex and Jean are nice people. If his family is safe then that's all that matters.

----------

Neil + Alex >>

Nicky and Alex's friendship!

'his family' (as in Aaron, Nicky, Kevin, Neil, and Renee of course) 🤧😢

[This is right before Neil and Aaron switch dorms]