Catch Up

Content Warnings: small mentions of nightmares, slightly sexual content?

   So, Alex and Jean are staying at P.S.U. They're sharing the bedroom across Matt and Neil's. They shared their dorm at EAU, so no big deal. Before Alex was at the Raven's Nest, Jean would share a bed with Kevin whenever Riko was gone. When they needed comfort from nightmares and whatnot they would lay side by side, slightly touching, in Kevin's twin bed.

Now Jean must share a twin bed again but, with Alex instead. No big deal. Except, it kind of is. There's something happening lately to Jean. The past school year, maybe even before that. Of course he knew he's liked guys since he was young but this is something Jean doesn't want to think about. He won't open it just yet. He'll just push it away, into the back of his mind.

For Alex, he hasn't shared a bed since Neil and him were super little. Now to be sharing with Jean, how is he supposed to survive. How can he act cool about this. Alex is cool, he's chill, he can be normal about this. It's just sharing a bed with his best friend, who happens to be insanely gorgeous. It's not like he hasn't seen Jean naked tons of times before, seen him change, seen him shower, and seen him at his lowest.

Alex thinks, 'God, Jean is not ashamed of his body huh.' Anyways, he won't freak out about any touches with Jean. It's not like that's what he does when they're... you know, not sharing a bed together!

They're getting changed into pajamas. They're tired and ready for bed. The lights are off. Alex decides to get into the bed, he pushes himself up against the wall and snuggles under the covers. He stares at the ceiling. Jean slowly but surely climbs in and gets under the covers. He stares at the ceiling too.

They only realized shortly before they would have to share a bed. Jean seemed fairly fine with it so Alex figures surely it's okay. No reason to freak out.

He decides to shuts his eyes and whispers, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Alex." Jean replies. He turns, facing away from the red haired man. They're not touching one bit. Alex relaxes and he feels himself quickly falling asleep.

.
.

When Alex opens his eyes in the morning he realizes that Jean didn't wake up once in the night.

It's usually been Jean waking up from a nightmare at their (old) dorm, breathing heavy and sweating. Alex would pretend he was asleep, that he didn't hear, even though he desperately would want to comfort Jean, to crawl into bed with him and hold him close. Now, there was no interruption in the night.

Oh Alex could get used to this. A nice night of sleep. A deep sleep. All because of each others' close presence it seems. Jean needs this, he deserves it. He's been too worried that Riko is still out there, but it's real, he's gone, Jean and him are finally free. Alex has tried his best to reassure him, and without nightmares this can be a lot easier to help Jean, to help convince him it'll be okay.

Alex woke up with his back to the wall, he looks at Jean facing him, with his hands curled at his neck. He lets himself stare for a little. He always tries his best to avoid staring, but now he can indulge just a bit in Jean. Who looks so very peaceful. Alex's eyes run over his face, memorizing it. For what seems like an hour until Jean finally stirs. He stretches and rubs his eyes, he opens them and they eventually catch onto Alex's.

"Goodmorning." Alex quitely says, voice still slightly croaky from sleep.

"Mornin'." Jean's French accent strongly comes through, making Alex's heartbeat quicken. He smiles at the taller boy who tosses around in the sheets a bit. Alex had a feeling he would very much enjoy his time in South Carolina.

----------

   [The crumbs of Kevin and Jean (;