Chapter 24

The morning after crashing out back at the dorms, Alex wakes up in a daze. He sees Kevin is still asleep and he heads to the guys' room. He finds Neil in the kitchen and sits down with him.

"Morning."

"Hi. Not hungover?"

"Nah I'm feeling fine." After some silent nodding he continues the conversation, "We never have a moment where it's just us two, do we?"

He takes a sip from his coffee cup. "No."

"I've been meaning to say, I haven't heard from you, you don't text me."

"I don't like texting."

"So call me then?" Alex just gets stared at. "In the future I'll call you, how about that?"

"Okay."

"Thank you." A few seconds later he softly says, "You know I love you, right?"

Neil looks down at his cup in his hands, a hint of annoyance in his voice, "I know."

"Good." He smiles. "Sure we haven't gotten to talk about anything that's happened but just know that I love you."

Neil rolls his eyes, but the corner of his mouth is still turned upwards.

Alex peeks at the man next to him. He can still make his brother smile. That's precious to him. It heals some of the wounds in Alex's soul.

.

That night, goodbyes are exchanged outside.

"Bye Nicky." He pulls him in for a hug. "Love ya man."

"Bye Alex! Love you too." He joins Wymack, Kevin, and his cousins off to the side.

Alex shifts his attention. "Neil. Nice seeing ya."

"Yeah."

"I'll call you." He smirks and waves to his brother as he climbs into the backseat of Andrew's car.

.

When Kevin and him get to the apartment, Kevin walks in first. In the living room he stops in his tracks. Alex almost bumps into him.

"Woah Kev-." He stops moving too. Noises emanate from down the hallway.

"Uh." Alex's voice cracks. He whips his head to look at Kevin. "I'm sure someone's over-."

He narrows his eyes. "Someone? No. Sounds like Jeremy's voice. And Jean's."

"It-. Right." Alex briskly walks down the hallway and bangs on Jeremy's door. The noises stop now. He barges in and closes the door behind him. Sneaking in without Kevin seeing.

"Oh shit." Jeremy squeaks from under Jean. "Alex. You're back. Both of you?"

"Yup, and we heard everything." Alex quickly goes back out. Jean throws on his pants and follows him.

Horrified, Jeremy sits up and puts on all his clothes.

In the living room Kevin stands staring at a shirtless Jean.

He speaks up, "It wasn't-."

"Don't lie," Kevin and Alex say in unison. Alex's voice more worried. Kevin sounding mad.

Jeremy comes from his room now, hair sticking up messily. "Kevin. Hi." He clears his throat. "Listen. I'm sorry. We were going to tell you."

Kevin simply looks away from him.

"We were." Jean has his arms crossed over his chest.

"Uh are you okay?" Jeremy whispers. Kevin looks at him and nods.