Chapter 16

Jean wakes up in his bed and sees some sun just starting to shine through the windows. He rubs his eyes and stretches. He quickly notices he's only wearing a shirt and nothing else. He then thinks back to the night before.

'Oh.' He takes a deep breath and admits, 'That was nice.' Jean faces towards Alex, all curled up under the covers.

Eventually Alex blinks awake. He sees the man next to him awake and watching him.

"Jean?" Alex arches his back and stretches his arms up.

"Good morning."

A smile spreads across his face while he yawns big, "Good morning~." He lays on his side to face Jean, still smiling, "I slept pretty good. Did you?"

"Yeah... I slept good."

"I'm glad." Alex then closes his eyes, letting himself rest a bit more. Jean keeps his eyes open, allowing them to wander over Alex. The comforter lays just at his hips, exposing his waist and upper body for Jean. He could definitely get used to nights and mornings like these. It's all new to him, yet he's starting to get the hang of it.

...

During breakfast time, at their kitchen island, the three of them talk about the day before.

Jeremy mentions to Jean, "Yesterday when you were with Clara, Alex and I went out and hit the city. For a date."

"Yeah- I had brought up we should all be going on dates. So, you get one with each of us, of course." Alex explains.

"Tomorrow you two can have one, while I'm meeting with my coach and Kevin."

"Okay. Perfect." Alex looks to Jean.

"Sure. What should we do?"

"I mean is there anything you wanna do?"

"No. Is there something you want to do?" Jean wonders to himself what a good date would even look like.

Alex laughs at his response, "I don't know. We can just work it out tomorrow, okay?" Jean nods.

"Oh, by the way, I invited Kevin to have dinner here sometime soon." Jeremy looks between the two, "Is that okay?"

"Yep."

"I think it's a great idea. Right Jean?"

He looks up from his breakfast towards Jeremy, "Yeah. I don't see a problem."

"Cool. I figured we're all in the city so we gotta hang out or invite him over sometime."

With so many reminders and mentions of Kevin recently, Jean almost thinks to bring up his past with Kevin. Well, whatever you would call it. The things past friendship. At the Raven Nest. Sharing beds. Small things like touching. Nothing similar to his present with Jeremy and Alex. He decides to not get into it at the moment.

.

The three plan to spend the day exploring Queens. And they do just that. They familiarize themselves with the area. Take notes of places to visit in the future, and stop for some food. They eat an early dinner at an outdoor restuarant. They hang out and laugh and talk like they always have.

On the way back they watch the sunset. Alex, in his own world, takes lots of pictures. He's gotten into taking pictures of the sky, and has an album on his phone for nature and sky pictures specifically. 

.

Once they step inside their apartment Jeremy asks them, "Can I have company in my room tonight? ...So it's less lonely."

"Of course! Both of us?" Alex reaches his hand out to him.

"Yes." He smiles wide and links his hand in Alex's. He gives a smile to Jean standing on the other side of him.

"Alright, let us get ready for bed first." Alex reluctantly lets go of Jeremy's hand to go change in his room. He stops in the bathroom to brush his teeth. Jean then uses the bathroom after him. Alex knocks at Jeremy's partially open door.

"Come in."

"Hi." Alex slides in and walks to Jeremy across the room, at his bed in the corner.

"Hey." He's changed into pajamas as well. He smiles, reaches out for Alex, and they rejoin hands.

Jean soon comes into the room and walks towards them. Jeremy crawls onto the bed and goes against the wall, making room for the two. Alex, still holding his hand, lays down next. Jean turns off the light.

"You have room Jean?" Jeremy watches him plop onto the bed.

"Yes." He lays on his side to fit behind Alex.

"Good. Um- thank you guys. I'm glad you're here."

"Of course Jere. We don't want you to be lonely." Alex pulls him in to his chest.

Jeremy smiles and snuggles into him, "Goodnight guys." He buries his face in Alex's neck.

"Night." Jean gets comfortable under the sheets and rests an arm around Alex. Alex grabs his arm and puts it so it's across his and Jeremy's waists.

"Sweet dreams." Alex keeps his one hand on Jean's arm and the other on Jeremy. He smiles to himself and rests his face on Jeremy's head. He breathes in his scent, and falls asleep in his boyfriends' arms.

...