Chapter 18

Suggested playlist for this chapter:

"Fuck it I love you" by Lana Del Rey

"the 1" by Taylor Swift

"Welcome To New York" by Taylor Swift

"Wildest Dreams" by Taylor Swift

"Red" by Taylor Swift

...

It's a big day. Jeremy is meeting his new team. Jean and Alex are meeting their team. In the morning they go their seperate ways on the subway.

For Jean and Alex they're immediately brought into an office to talk to the head coach.

The official press morning is the next day for them. Where the new signings are to show off their jersey numbers and have a brief interview. Today would be learning the layout and meeting people in charge of the team.

They get their in-depth tour of the place and are introduced to the staff.

For Jean it's definitely different compared to his first day at USC last year. Not that he was super nervous or anything, but because of how he was. He knows he has changed a lot since then. He's doing better now.

He can handle this, the people and everything. His raven days are behind him. He has Alex by his side still, and Jeremy now too.

Speaking of, he is looking forward to going home to him. He misses Jeremy already.

Their team does warm ups and drills. Jean switches into exy mode. He focuses on putting his best foot forward.

Afterward everyone spends time in the gym. Alex and him do their own workouts like they normally do.

Once most of the team is done, the coaches tell Jean and Alex they can head on home. The two leave their new gear on the training grounds.

.

Jeremy's time went similarly. The head coach found him and Kevin to introduce them to the staff. Kevin spent lots of time talking with the team's nutritionist.

While he was doing that Jeremy went to meet his teammates. They were all very nice to him.

Once the rest of the new members were settled in, and introduced, it was time to play. They did some drills in their new gear with their new sticks.

In the locker rooms everyone changed out of their gear. Jeremy spent that time in his own head, thinking about how he missed Jean and Alex.

After the team worked out in their gym, it was time to go. The coaches told Kevin that everyone had to leave. The place was locked up every night. Kevin couldn't stay and practice on his own, as much as he wanted to. They emphasized being able to live your life after 'work'. Kevin insisted it's important to practice lots in order to get better.

"Come on Kev." Jeremy waved for him to walk out with him. They were the last two there, besides the staff.

"...Okay." He frowned and walked over to him at the exit.

"You can workout and exercise as much as you want, like they recommend. But just not here." Jeremy laughs to lighten the mood and nudges Kevin, who nods and walks out with him.

At the subway Jeremy explains which way takes him home, "This is it. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah. Goodnight."

"Have a good night. Don't work yourself too hard." He smiles at him and gets on a train before the doors shut. Kevin watches it speed away before getting a ride to his hotel.