Meetings and Dates

"Good Morning." Jeremy walks into the kitchen and sees Alex and Jean sitting at the island. He yawns and stretches his arms before he sits down next to Alex.

"Morning Jere." Alex smiles at him.

"Did you guys wake up recently?"

"Mm-hmm." Alex chuckles, "We just realized we don't have food or anything."

"Oh yeah, we need groceries." Jeremy rubs his eyes.

"We could go out for breakfast today." Jean leans forward, resting his arms on the table.

"Yes, let's find somewhere to eat."

"And then go shopping after?" Alex looks at Jeremy.

"Sure." He nods, "I'll go get ready." Jeremy goes to his room and grabs his sneakers. He fixes his hair in the bathroom and brushes his teeth.

Alex goes to his and Jean's room to get his phone and put on shoes. When Jeremy walks out of the bathroom, Alex slips in to check his hair and brush his teeth as well.

Jeremy walks to Jean who is on his phone. "Looking for somewhere to go?"

"Yes. There's this French bakery close by."

"Ooh. Sounds good." Jeremy peeks over his shoulder to look at his phone. Jean gets a whiff of his cologne.

"Did I hear 'French bakery'?" Alex pops into the kitchen.

"Here." Jean holds his phone out to him.

Alex grabs it and looks at the menu on the screen, "They have beignets! We have to go!" Jean nods before taking his phone back and standing up.

"I'm in." Jeremy beams at Alex. Jean goes to get some shoes and grab the apartment keys from his room.

"Ready?" Alex and Jeremy are standing at the front door when Jean comes back.

"Yes." Jean follows them out and locks the door behind them. Alex rushes down the hall to the elevator. He presses the button to go down.

"I'm so hungry." Jeremy whines.

"Me too." Alex turns to them, excited, "Beignets! French food! I'm so ready."

"It sounds so good." He admits.

"Better be good." Jean grumbles next to them.

Alex laughs but nods in agreement. The elevator doors open and they file inside.

On the ground floor they walk out of the building and follow Jean who has the directions on his phone. They watch the city buzz around them before ending up outside the bakery.

Inside is a good size, it's not too small or crowded. They stand behind people in line and all look at the menu plastered up on the wall.

Jeremy smiles, "They have coffee! Yes! You guys gonna get some too?"

"I think so." Jean says while skeptically eyeing the pastries and donuts that are displayed.

"Nope."

"Right, you don't drink hot coffee, I forgot." Jeremy nudges Alex with his arm. Alex hums then focuses on the people ordering in front of them.

The cashier calls them over when the people are done. Jean steps up and orders coffee, a donut and a croissant. Alex motions for Jeremy to go next. He smiles and tells the cashier his order. Next Alex gets his beignets and a drink.

Alex pulls his wallet out to pay. He waves off Jeremy who is whispering to him that they should split the bill. He hands over cash and gets his change. He leads the two to a table in a corner. He slides into the booth as Jeremy goes across from him. Jean slides in next to Alex.