Chapter 20

As Jeremy had suggested, Jean has to talk to Kevin. He's ready to, later that week. He might have been putting it off for a few days, but he's finally ready to get it over with.

He dials his number and hears the line connect, "Kevin."

"Jean, hey."

"Could I talk to you in person?"

"In person? Sure. I just got home." Kevin runs his hands through his hair.

"Alright. Send me the address." Jean hangs up. In a text from Kevin he gets an address. Kevin texts his hotel's room number as well.

In their living room Jean explains to his partners, "I'm gonna go over to Kevin's. To talk about him moving in."

"Good luck!" Jeremy gives him a big smile.

"Be back for dinner." Alex chimes in as he walks to the kitchen to start cooking.

.

At the hotel he goes up in the elevator. He looks down at his phone to double check the room number then knocks on the door in front of him. Jean hears footsteps before the door swings open.

"Hi Jean."

"Hey."

"Come in." He waves him in then slams the door behind him, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Oh, something kind of important. I didn't wanna ask over the phone."

"I'm listening." Kevin sits down on the end of the bed. Jean looks around the partily lived in hotel room. He follows Kevin and sits across from him on a chair at the room's desk.

"Well." He clears his throat, "On Monday or some day earlier this week, we were all talking. We think you need somewhere to stay. We thought; not in a hotel. And we- I want you to stay with us. Of course, it doesn't have to be permanent."

"Stay with you?" Kevin blinks rapidly and sits up straight on the bed.

"There's the extra room for you. You'd get that as your room." Jean shuffles around in the seat, getting nervous for Kevin's response.

"I- Jeremy and you were talking about this?"

"He suggested it in the first place."

"And you're okay with this idea."

"Yes."

Kevin scoffs, "As if we wouldn't fight with each other."

"This is different now. I'm different. I'm done fighting with you." Jean nods and folds his hands in his lap.

"Oh."

"If you think you'll be fighting with me, then-."

"No. I- I won't." He cuts him off. Kevin doesn't want to fight like they used to. He understands that Jean is changed now. Kevin will have to put in the effort to be nice to him. If this were to be a thing. He has not decided yet if he likes this idea of living together.

"Good." Jean crosses his arms and leans back in the rolling chair.

"Uh, Alex is fine with this too?"

"Yes. We all wanna help out, okay? You said yourself that you're lonely. So, we can keep you company, if you were at our apartment." Jean raises his eyebrows.

"Hmm." Kevin frowns slightly and stares at the patterned carpet.

"You could talk it over with Jeremy. Tomorrow, when you see him?"

Kevin nods slowly in agreement, "Should I talk with Alex too?"

"Hmm? If you want." He shrugs with his arms still crossed.