Confess

On the field in front of the school everyone slowly but surely disperses. Alvarez and Laila go inside. Connor and Scott stay mingling with friends of theirs, with Katsu tagging along. Alex searches around for Jean and Jeremy, wondering where they disappeared to. He ends up heading to the dorms and hangs out in his bedroom.

.
.

   Jeremy goes through everything in his head. He understands that by expressing his feelings he is taking a risk. He also figures now is a good time, probably as good as he's gonna get to confess his feelings. He just has to focus on hoping for the best outcome. He looks at Jean who is still staring ahead.

Jean turns when he feels Jeremy's eyes on him, "...Yes?"

He clears his throat, "Nothing." Jean stays looking at him so Jeremy turns his head away.

"Jere."

"Hm?"

"Something you want to say?"

"Um." He focuses his gaze on the ground, "Yes actually. Can I tell you something?"

"Go ahead."

Jeremy feels his face start to heat up. He takes a few seconds to sort through and find the right words. He partially faces Jean before diving right in, "Jean. I like you. A lot."

Jean hears ringing in his ears.

He blinks a few times to process what he heard.

He scrambles to find a response, "Oh. I, I like you too."

"You do?" Jeremy stares wide-eyed at him.

"Yeah..." He trails off, and furrows his eyebrows.

Jeremy swallows, "Why do I sense a 'but'?"

Jean quickly shakes his head, "This is just new to me, that's all."

"That's okay, it's new for me too. Can-- We can figure this out together, right?"

"Yeah." Jean's eyes glisten, he wants this to work out, even though it's all new to him. He thinks of them being together, he likes that idea. He's then immediately reminded of Alex and he frowns slightly.

Jeremy looks at Jean intently, "What?"

Jean sighs. He first thinks of his friendship with Alex, plus his feelings for Alex. Next, he thinks about how he sees Alex looking at Jeremy, and how Jeremy looks at him.

He focuses on Jeremy again, "It's just... Alex. I think that you should talk with him. You guys should talk..."

"Alex?? Why?" Jeremy scans his face.

Speaking softly he says, "I see how you guys look at each other."

"Oh. Oh. Okay. Yes, but then if-. Then wouldn't it be a bit uneven. I think that you should talk with him, too."

"Me?" Jean's voice cracks.

"Yes. Do you agree? After I talk with him, you should do the same." He waits as Jean slowly nods at him. Jean understands that it's time to fully face his feelings for his best friend.

Jeremy pulls out his phone from his pocket to text Alex and ask where he is. Alex responds, saying he's in his dorm. Jeremy stands up.

Smiling, he says to Jean, "I'll be back. I'm glad this went well. Yeah, I'm very glad. I'll be back!" Jeremy walks toward the dorms. He knocks on the door and Alex opens it.

"Hi." Jeremy breathlessly says.

Alex steps to the side to let him in, "Hey Jere. What's up?"

"Let's sit." Jeremy sits on the couch, "I um, have some things to say."