Au Revoir

The best friends are done hiding at the Fox Tower. After a few days of sorting things out and hanging with the Foxes, they have a flight to catch. Tickets paid for by their new team. Neil decided he would drop them off at the airport in Andrew's Maserati. Their belongings -whatever they grabbed before leaving the Nest with Renee- are in the trunk of the car. Now they're popping inside to say their goodbyes.

"See ya' Matt." Alex gets pulled into a side hug by Matt's strong arms.

"Yeah, see you guys around!" Matt smiles warmly at them. They leave the dorm to find the girls.

"Bye Jean." Renee reaches up to hug him.

"Bye Renee. Thank you." He whispers and gently hugs her back.

"Goodbye Alex," Alex and Renee share a quick hug, "Text me when you land, okay?" The boys nod at her in response.

"Bye guys. Have fun!" Allison sits, filing her nails.

"Yeah, have fun, good luck." Dan gives them a curt nod, "See you around?"

"Yep." The redhead says. They wave goodbye and go to the boys' dorm. The four are scattered about. Nicky spots them first and runs over to hug Alex.

"Bye Alex. 'Gonna miss you so much." He pouts.

"Bye Nicky, I'll miss you too." Alex softly pats Nicky's head.

Nicky laughs at the gesture then says, "Bye Jean!"

"Nicky." Jean quickly nods to him, then scans for Kevin. He spots him and says, "Bye Kev." Alex waves politely at Aaron and Kevin in the small kitchen.

"Bye Jean." Kevin nods at the two ex-Ravens. Andrew sits smoking at a window, and Alex sees him roll his eyes.

Alex laughs quietly at his reaction, "Okay. Bye everyone." They slowly walk out to the car where Neil sits, waiting. The two climb into the backseat, and before they know it they're pulled over at the airport. Neil gets out and opens the trunk, Jean takes out their things.

Alex places his two suitcases on the concrete next to the car to empty his hands, "Bye Neil!" Alex squeezes him extra tight.

Neil huffs, he stands limp in his brother's arms, "Bye Alex. Let me know when you get there."

"Of course!" Alex smiles. He grabs his stuff and Jean carries his one large bag. Neil and Jean bow goodbye and Neil climbs into the driver's seat.

"Okay, let's go," Alex leads them inside, looking back once to see Neil drive away, "Let me check my bags first."

Alex gets his bags checked then they go through security and wait at their gate. They sit and Alex checks his phone. He reviews the email from their Coach saying the team Captain would meet them at the dorms when they arrive.

On the plane Alex has lots of time to think. He has a window seat, with Jean next to him and then an empty seat aisle seat on the right.

First he recalls meeting Nicky in Baltimore. How Nicky pestered him about his sexuality. After some time of Neil yelling at Nicky to knock it off, Alex responded truthfully, saying he swings both ways. So the Foxes know. Jean finally found out.

Alex thinks; Jean knows about Neil and Andrew. About Nicky and Erik, and him. So he's supportive. Seems like a good start really. There's a chance. Alex doesn't like that thought of his, because a chance for what exactly.

When at Edgar Allan, Jean was very happy to teach him how to speak French. Alex is pretty conversational in it now. He enjoys listening in when Neil and Kevin speak it. Or even just speaking it with Neil. Alex has yet to ask how and when Neil learned French, and German too. Alex is enjoying the frequent use of French with Jean as well, since they're away from the Nest now, away from Riko.

Besides French, Alex knows lots of Italian and Spanish. He's learned in past years through school, and on his own. He wouldn't mind learning some German, maybe Nicky or Neil could teach him.

A flight attendant comes by with snacks and drinks. They gratefully accept some water and the food.

A new thought eventually pops into Alex's mind. How does Kevin feel about Riko's death? Did he find out from Neil? Did Neil tell him the truth about what happened? Is he... upset? It's possible he's grieving. How would his team feel about that? Alex's stomach feels uneasy, he's unsure why. Maybe it's the thought of Kevin's friends not understanding...

He takes a big gulp of his water and sees Jean resting his head back with his eyes closed. Alex decides to nap for the remainder of the flight.

----------