Goodbyes

They wake up a few hours later. In the kitchen Jean reheats some leftovers for them to eat. Alex steps aside to answer a call from Nicky. He holds the phone to his ear.

"Hi!"

"Hi Nicky."

"Alex! So wait when do you go to New York?"

"Tomorrow afternoon."

"Cool! And what about Jean?"

"Oh, he's on the same team as me. He'll be there. Jeremy as well, but different team. We just have a place together."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's pretty cool!"

"Okay." He suddenly gasps, "I can't believe Kevin is leaving! I get Aaron back as my roomate."

"You gonna' miss him?"

"So much! It'll actually be terrible."

"Terrible, really?" Alex questions.

"I don't know how things will be with us four and no Kevin."

"Yeah? Are things not good?"

"Well they're obviously better over the past year."

"Which is good..."

"It's a start for sure."

"I'm sure it'll be fine. Invite him to visit if there's ever trouble between the twins?"

"What if he never comes back?" Nicky groans.

"He'll have to visit Wymack and Abby."

"Right, he'll have to see Andrew and Neil too." He hums and changes topics, "I do only have one more year..."

"Wait, really?"

"Yep. Then I'm off to Germany."

"No, no, no, you can't leave."

He laughs, "I have to. I have to see Erik!!"

"You'll be so far." Alex softly says.

"We'll Skype all the time!"

"We better!"

"What're you up to right now?"

"About to eat dinner."

"I'll let you go then."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye Alex."

He hangs up and walks out of the bedroom.

"Everything okay?" Jean places two plates of hot food onto the table.

"Yeah, just on the phone with Nicky." Alex sits down next to Jean.

"Okay."

"Thank you." He looks at the plate of food and cup of juice in front of him, "I would've helped..."

"No worries."

Alex smiles and leans in to kiss Jeans cheek. His face flushes pink as he stares down at his own plate.

.

The next day Jeremy finds Rhemann and Scott, and all his friends, to say a quick goodbye to. Around 10 he meets Jean and Alex outside at their taxi with his packed bags. Sarah, Laila, and Connor are outside to see them off.

"So, we'll be in San Diego." The girls talk to Jean and Alex while Jeremy places his last bag in the trunk.

"Come visit us sometime?" Alex suggests.