3: Does She Like Me?

"Ow." Bret exclaimed, "I hope my headphones didn't—"

The noise of someone clearing their throat caught his attention. He groaned and looked up; it hit Bret like a bullet. Loona was doing laundry as well, "Are you stalking me?"

Bret dusted himself off, "Loona, just like you, I have laundry to clean."

Loona sighed, "Your headphones landed in my basket. For your concern."

"What do you have to wash anyway? Your skirts?" Bret snickered.

Loona became flustered, "NO! I have other things to get clean of! You perv!"

Bret tried to hush her, "Shut up! I'm fucking with you. Jeez, you got a reaction, happy? Fuck."

Loona had a sudden rush of fear and felt as if he was trying to intimidate her, "Are you threatening me?"

"I am a threat. Now don't try anything stupid while I'm here. I must wash Daxton's jersey since it was my turn this week. He's simply envious. I understand how to get spotless laundry."

The two chatted and waited for the time to come when they had clean laundry. Loona gave Bret his headphones back. He sighed with comfort after realizing they weren't harmed in the fall. As Loona talked about herself, Bret couldn't stop looking at her waist. His handprints were still there from the hug. The one he gave her when she was crying about not falling under her spell.

"Hey! Did you listen to me?" Loona snarled.

"Do you not realize you have a lovely body?" Bret blurted, which made the cheerleader melt inside.

Loona blushed hard, "I- uh- I know."

"You don't know because that's how I cruise." Bret coughed, "I just want to know why you contacted me several times."

"Okay. Do you want the truth? Fine!" Loona growled, then took a deep breath, "I'm a narcissist and desperate to be happy."

Bret looked at the timer, "That does make sense."

"If there is any way I'd die, I would love to be killed by someone I love." Bret chuckled, "That is the only way."

"Shocking, but alright." Loona's eyes widened, "That's personal to share with me."

"I didn't say who." Bret pointed out, "I only said by someone I love."

Loona blushed; he was genuine about how he wanted to die, which was awkward, "I'm looking forward to that coffee talk between us."

"It'll help us open up to each other. I know you have feelings for me." Bret smirked, "Besides, you always put a comment on my Instagram posts."

"Don't worry about that! I like it just because I comment on everything. It's funny." Loona grabbed a pair of panties, "These always shrink in the wash!"

Bret cringed, "The fuck is wrong with you? I didn't need to know that whatsoever."

Loona snickered and blushed, "That weirds you out?"

Bret finished his laundry, "I'm heading back to my dorm. Daxton's laundry is clean. I'll do mine tomorrow. He has a Lacrosse game tomorrow."

Bret turned around to leave when Loona stopped him, "Wait!"

Bret stopped, "Did I forget something?"

"Two things." Loona handed him the headphones.

"What's the other thing?" Bret asked impatiently.

Loona blushed, grabbed him by the collar, and kissed him roughly, "MMPH?!"

Loona pulled back and smiled, "That's the other thing. See you around, superstar."

Bret was taken aback; but carried on and ran, laundry basket in hand, "What the fuck?!"

He reached his dorm, finally not fumbling his keys to the door, "Daxton three. Soby one."

The laundry basket was set, and the first thing folded and put on Daxton's desk was his Lacrosse jersey, "Thank you, Mom, for teaching me about laundry."

Bret lays on his bed and reads the clock, "12:48 AM? Already?"

Daxton was sound asleep while Bret tossed and turned in bed. He kept thinking about the kiss between him and Loona, the cheerleader. The kiss lingered in the back of Bret's mind like fireworks in the sunset. Bret fell asleep around 1:00 AM, which was normal for him.

***

Bret woke up around 6:00 AM with a lingering feeling in his throat. He sat up, stretched, and grabbed water, "Why does my throat feel like this? I didn't run yesterday, or did I?"

Bret kept drinking the water, gulping it down while trying to figure out why the lingering wasn't subsiding, "Was it the kiss from Loona? A kiss couldn't do such a thing."

He gulped another cup before the final actualization kicked in, "Oh my God, does... Does she like me?"

Bret blushed while trying to settle down so he wouldn't wake Daxton. He then dressed and grabbed his phone, wallet, and notecards for Photography class. He jogged to the classroom, which didn't start until 8:00 or 8:15 because of the two teachers he had for that single class. Loona also had photo as an elective, but she also had an English class after. She wouldn't get her coffee talk until noon or even one. 

"It's only 7:05 right now. Class doesn't start for another 45 minutes." Bret groaned, "What to do?"

He sees the bakery, not too far from his classroom, "An idea has appeared."

After walking towards the bakery and opening the door, the smell of puff pastry and bread overwhelmed Bret's nasal system, which gave him relaxation. As he walked over and sat at a table, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and started watching Lucifer. He set the phone on the table, the screen side down for his privacy, and order something to settle his hunger.

"Hello! What can I get you?" The cashier asked with a smile.

"Can I have like two brownies, please?" Bret replied.

"Anything else?" The cashier looked at Bret.

"That's it." Bret grinned.

"Okay, your total will be $5.62." The cashier smiled more comprehensively than before.

Bret's smiled died as he walked to the table and had his brownies in hand, "Breakfast of champions. Right here."

Bret sat down and read old articles from past wins from both football and baseball. Wearing his Miami Hurricanes baseball hoodie while devouring the brownies, "Us linemen love sweets like this. Sometimes I can't get them in my mouth fast enough."

He finished his brownies and threw the empty bag into the trash can near the door, leaving the establishment while looking down at his phone, and having his headphones in made it impossible to get his attention. He put his phone inside his pocket and walked over to the one class he had, Photography, an elective he once had in high school and loved to death. Loona also had the same class with him, mostly them screwing around during these assignments. However, it always ended with him slapping Loona's asscheeks before they went inside the classroom to finish the computer part of the assignments. 

"Well, I made it. Good thing I had some breakfast before this." Bret chuckled to himself.

"Let's get this show on the road. Shall we?" Loona greeted him as he walked towards the door.

"Yeah, showtime." Bret smiled, "We're gonna be kissing during the assignment; aren't we?"

"You bet you're ass we are." Loona blushed and grinned.

The pair of them laughed and walked into class not expecting much to be done for an elective.