8: Loona's Risky Escape

Bret's death rocked the media with one question. Was it suicide or murder? The coroner ruled it a suicide after finding cut marks on both his arms and chest, most on the left side. Loona ran through the corridors after Frank had confronted her about the death in question. Was she to blame?

"Bret... What have I done?" Loona quietly cried in her dorm, "I made you mine to kill you? Love doesn't work like that. Never..."

She looked through her phone as Hen entered the room, "Everything okay, Loona?"

"No, Bret was everything to me." Loona sighed, "His death better be solved soon."

Hen left the room, and Loona kept scrolling through her phone. Her mind kept waving back to Bret. She shoved him off the roof. The entire school quickly protested that they should investigate his death. The school's Board members gathered for a meeting before finally deciding on the murder. They agreed to launch an investigation and heavily invest in the Safety Department. Thankfully, Frank had taken the investigation into his own hands, cooperating with the authorities by doing his research for evidence. Instead, he wasn't fully cooperating; he had taken the role of the interrogator. He was questioning those who were close to Bret.

"Frank needs to calm down. The police won't be happy with what he is doing." Loona chuckled, "I need to get home. Fast too!"

She needed a plan, but she had nothing in mind, "I need to get back to Blitz! If I expose myself to everyone... Nothing would be the same."

Loona quickly left the school and started walking towards her house. She couldn't stop thinking about Bret while guilt was eating her up. She knew she had to do something to make things right.

As she walked, she spotted Frank's car parked on the side of the road. She approached and asked him, "Frank, what are you doing here?"

"I'm following a lead. What are you doing here, Loona?"

"I just left school. I needed to clear my head."

Frank looked at her suspiciously. He had always been skeptical of Loona's involvement in Bret's death, even though he couldn't find any evidence to prove it.

"Okay, well, be careful. And stay away from any trouble."

Loona nodded and continued walking. She knew Frank was onto her, but she didn't have the energy to deal with it. She just wanted to get home.

When she arrived home, she went straight to her room and collapsed on her bed. She knew she couldn't keep avoiding the truth forever. She had to come clean and face the consequences.

The next day, Loona decided to talk to Frank. She knew it was risky. She had to tell him the truth.

"Frank, can we talk?" She asked as she approached him in the school hallway.

"Sure, what's up?" he replied, skeptical.

"I need to tell you something. Something important."

Frank folded his arms and waited for her to speak.

"I... I was the one who pushed Bret off the roof."

Frank's confession stunned Frank. He knew he needed to do something. He didn't know what.

"I... I need to think about this," he finally said. "You can't run away from this, Loona. You have to face the consequences of your actions."

Loona nodded, tears streaming down her face. She knew he was right. But the thought of what was coming terrified her.

Frank had a gun hidden in his pocket, "Loona... Why did you SHOVE him off the roof?"

"I was forced to kill him by Henrietta. My friend forced me... I don't know why I did it." Loona lied, shaking in her footsteps, "I didn't mean to kill him!"