29: Christmas At The Hazbin Hotel

Bret and his family were invited to Christmas at the Hazbin Hotel. Charlie sent the invitation prior.

"Well. We're engaged, happy, and focused on our family." Bret chuckled.

"This is a first for me." Loona reddened, "It's a feeling."

Bret, Loona, Thomas, Liam, and Octavia traveled to the Hazbin Hotel. The festive lighting and holiday vibes were booming and ready to party. Charlie was in her holiday suit, and Vaggie stood in a red and green dress that reached just below her knees.

"Merry Christmas, everyone!" Bret grinned.

Everyone looked toward the enormous Christmas tree and saw the presents. Thomas and Liam jumped happily.

"Now, boys," Bret kneeled to talk, "Not every gift is for you guys. Say, thank you for every gift. Help everyone get their gifts, alright?"

"Okay!" Liam smiled.

"Okay, Thomas?" Bret hugged his elder son.

"Yes, Daddy," Thomas mumbled, "I wish my ears could hear you guys better."

Thomas was born moderately deaf but had enough hearing to hear people speak. He used sign language with Loona and spoke directly to his dad, Bret. Bret's ADHD made it hard for him to use ASL—American Sign Language.

"Poor, Tommy. His hearing isn't like ours. It hurts me." Bret frowned, "I'm sorry, Tommy."

Loona pecked her fiancee's lips and interlocked her fingers with his hand. They walked toward the tree and watched the lights become mesmerizing. Bret's ADHD kicked in and began making him hyperfocus on the lights. Loona licked his cheek and watched him break out of the hyperfocused trance. Bret's demeanor changed, and he suddenly became a blushing mess of love.

***

The time to open presents came after a hearty and hefty dinner in the banquet hall. Santa wanted everyone to feel gifted and happy with what they got. The presents were handed to everyone.

Bret, Liam, and Thomas were the first to open their gifts. Thomas and Liam received cop and firefighter playsets with specially designed outfits. Thomas read many firefighter books and wanted to dress up when he got it. Liam did the same, but both had to wait until the gifts were done.

Bret was next and received a replica game-worn Miami Hurricanes jersey, but not just any Hurricanes jersey—the jersey from his junior year. Bret cried and held the jersey tightly. His career was cut short, but it didn't matter anymore.

"I'm Sorry."

Those words haunted Bret until now. Loona's apology for shoving him off the roof never angered him. He would've jumped anyway with the mental state he was in at the time. He stays up thinking of those words but always stays confident and never lets them hold him back.

"Thank you guys. I don't know who did this for me, but thank you." Bret cried.

Grant was next, and his gift was custom-made. Grant opened it and revealed his jersey. His jersey mimicked the one he wore his senior year for baseball with the name Vaqueros and the number twenty.

"Bret. If this was you, I love it." Grant smiled.

Bret nodded, "Dad, I got a jersey. You said you wore twenty in your senior year of baseball in high school. I had it custom-made, tailored, and, with the help of Charlie, had it fit around your body shape. So it's comfortable and breathable."

Loona grabbed her gift and opened it carefully. She unwrapped it and noticed a sweater with a photo of her family from a few weeks earlier. But the image was of Bret proposing and the image of her kids on the sweater arms. She cuddled in Bret's lap and hugged him tighter.

"Thank you, babe." Loona nuzzled into Bret's shoulder.

"You're welcome. I wanted you to have this." Bret smiled and kissed her.

"Wait. You proposed?" Angel Dust asked.

"Yeah. It was time." Bret chuckled, "I wanted to propose after so long."

"I'm glad you proposed." Grant grinned, "I love it!"

Crymini was after and had gotten two gifts, one from Charlie and Vaggie and one from Loona. Crymini opened it to receive CDs of punk bands from the 90s, The Offspring, Blink-182, and Green Day.

"Wow. I... Thank you." Crymini's harsh demeanor was replaced by friendliness.

Crymini opened the other gift and received a leather jacket with a guitar logo on the back. Loona and Crymini had similar music tastes and wanted her to feel like herself.

***

Bret, Loona, Liam, and Thomas decided to spend the night in the hotel. Grant got them a room and changed all the linen products.

"It pays to keep clean." Grant expressed.

"It does." Bret responded, "Thank you. I don't know what to say other than thank you."

Grant left the room and the family to collect their thoughts. Bret grabbed Loona and put her on the bed. Loona gasped and grabbed onto Bret's jacket. They began to kiss intensely as the boys had fallen asleep in little beds Charlie had built for the occasion. 

"Stop. You're going to wake the kids." Loona giggled quietly.

"Not unless I make you moan." Bret grabbed Loona's waist, "Or squeal."

Loona made a quiet moan as Bret made the kiss more passionate. Loona embraced her fiancee's love and took it like a champ. Just kisses, cuddles, and laying together. Nothing sexual happened between them.

"Bret... Do you want a third kid?" Loona asked in a flustered tone.

"What? Why? We have our boys!" Bret whispered, "Are you sure? We're still young."

"I'm sorry I brought it up." Loona frowned.

Bret took a moment to think about what she said. They already had their boys, Thomas and Liam. The thought was replaced with dilemmas and scenarios. Darker thoughts of what the world would think about hellhound children. A rarity, a gem, etcetera. This would then seem like an extensive accident or incident for Bret. The thought stayed in his mind as Loona fell asleep on him. The bed was comfy, and Bret fell asleep a few hours later. 

"What if?" Bret whispered.