18: Sending a Message

With Frank being hired by Stella as a hitman, he made sure no one was surviving him. His work ethic became sinister as time progressed. He was sure to send messages to the people he killed. He forced families to be broken apart on Earth; imps were dealt with in his spare time. 

"The fucking money! Where is it?!" Frank yelled at Stella, "You said you would pay me!"

"I only want to kill one person! Not twenty-five!" Stella defended, "You went completely behind my back, Frank!"

"It's all about sending a message!" Frank laughed, "To make those suffer!"

"You're not doing your job! You're doing the wrong things!" Stella had a realization, "You're abusing your powers!"

"Now, now. I wouldn't abuse my newfound powers." Frank lied.

"You're a fucking liar!" Stella roared.

"Who said I was lying, you cunt!" Frank yelled, "Your husband wants to get away from you. Now, I see why."

"You went completely rogue! I'm not paying you until you fix shit." Stella walked away.

Frank shook his head, "I wonder why nobody likes you."

Stella was now enraged by Frank's words and actions. She couldn't contain her emotion, crying in absolute anger; as she dismissed Frank, she began to sit and drink a whole bottle of wine, the entire bottle itself.

Frank walked out of the Ars Goetia palace with hatred for the woman that hired him, "My turn, no limits on who I kill. It's gon' to be a helluva ride."

***

Over the last few days, Bret had gotten into contact with another hellhound Loona had met a while ago named Vortex. Vortex was Verosika Mayday's bodyguard, as she was a succubus. Loona had asked Vortex and his girlfriend to come and visit their newborn son. Loona was still in the hospital recovering.

Bret sat in the chair, engrossed in a book, "You doin' okay, honey? Vortex should be here by now."

"Yeah," Loona became groggy, "I never thought about kids, right?"

Bret nodded, "And?"

"I never would've met you if it wasn't for that Grimoire. Meeting you in Coral Gables... Made me feel a connection to humans. I may be a hellhound, but I'm glad I met you. Now that I'm a mom because of you, which I'm... happy about." Loona cried quietly.

A knock was heard to Bret's right. The door was creaked open to reveal Vortex and his girlfriend, both in human form. Bret jumped at the sight as he didn't bounce off the walls. Vortex walked forward, "You must be Bret, right?"

Bret composed himself, "Yes, and you must be... Vortex?"

Vortex nodded, "Yeah, but most people call me Tex."

"Short for Texas?" Bret chuckled.

Vortex laughed, "No, but people do think that."

Vortex introduced his girlfriend, "I also want you guys to meet my girlfriend, Bee."

Loona frowned, "Hi, Bee."

"Bee?" Bret gasped, "That's a weird name, but carry on."

"I haven't even met you." Bee scoffed.

Vortex sighed, "Please don't start any problems. I don't want to get involved."

"It's all good, Tex." Bret chuckled.

The group discussed many things, such as the latest events and who would babysit the newborn. Bret felt invisible during the conversations but seemed happy he heard said conversations. Vortex thankfully came over and assessed Bret, "Hey, man. You good?"