17: Baby Boy

During the final week of Loona's pregnancy, Loona felt the baby's kicks become uncomfortable. Bret was on the couch while Loona became stressed by her situation, causing her boyfriend to intervene and hold her hand, which she squeezed painfully. Bret winced in pain as her grip became powerful and painful.

"Careful, baby!" Bret winced, "I need these delicate paws and hands to give you love!"

"I think this baby's coming!" Loona cried while tears fell down her cheeks, "I'm scared about my water breaking."

Bret kisses her forehead, "It will be okay. I'm here."

"AH!" Loona screamed, causing Blitz to enter the room. He stared in awe as Bret was dedicated to helping her with this kid. Seizing the opportunity to take a photo, a journey he saw was real and not complete hook-ups. Moxxie scanned the room, watching as Loona would sooner or later go into labor.

Loona took a few deep breaths, holding on for dear life. Bret stood by her, "Do you want me to carry you?"

Loona nodded, "Get me out of this damn chair!"

"Noted." Bret chuckled as he carried his girlfriend like a bride. Their love was undeniable, but for Bret to hold her? The best he could ever offer. Loona had tears in her puffy eyes as Bret held her. He thankfully created a portal to the human world, where he quickly put on his human disguise, "Are you able to use your disguise? Or no?"

Loona shook her head. Bret muttered a vulgarity under his breath, holding on to what strength he could. He went straight to a hospital. Kaiser Permanente, the exact medical provider Bret was born under. 

"Are we even ready to have a baby?" Loona cried, "I mean... Are we sure?"

"I can't refuse to back down! Not now! It's too late for any solutions!" Bret yelled.

When they arrived at the hospital, nurses and doctors alike watched as Bret carried his pregnant girlfriend into the hospital, "I think she's going into labor! Help us, Please!"

The nurses took her one by one. They did scans and blood tests and gave her a private room, where Bret stayed. As he turned back into his hellhound form, he couldn't help but notice Loona sleeping in her hospital bed. She had been through so much while dating Bret, and killing him started a deeper connection between them.

"I will protect you and our child, no matter what. Whatever happens to you, I'll be there in a heartbeat. For now, I need to call a few people." Bret walked out of the room, "Excuse me, Doctor."

"Yes? How may I help you?" The doctor asked, "Any help with your..?"

"She's my girlfriend. She's asleep as of now. Just knock when you approach the door. Courtesy." Bret explained.

"I'll keep that in mind. Anything else?" The doctor asked firmly.

"Is there a payphone nearby?"

***

Grant sat at home going through old photos of Bret from his high school days while waiting for Bret to call him—It had been three weeks since their last talk. He knew Bret was busy caring for Loona's needs, but a phone call was all Grant needed to be happy. Staring at his phone, go off while he looked over, "Who's calling me?"

Grant picks up the phone, getting a call from the hospital, "Hello?"

Bret: Hey, Dad.

Grant: Bret? Are you on Earth right now?

Bret laughs, "Yep! It's about Loona."

Grant: (confused) What about Loona?

Bret: (starts crying) She's going into labor soon. Dad, I'm fucking excited. Excuse my language. I'm going to be a dad soon. This was always the dream.