(10): A Date

Loona sits on her phone, watching youtube videos on how to be a better girlfriend. When Bret walked into the room, smiling wide, "I'm bored, want to have fun?"

She looks up from her phone, momentarily distracted. She pauses the video, "Sure, what do you have in mind?" she asks.

"What is something we've done before?" Bret asks with a smirk.

"We've only done coffee dates..." Loona frowned, "You want to go on a date, don't you?"

"You read my mind, baby." Bret giggled, "We've only done little talks. It's about time we do something fun or even get out of this place for once."

Loona felt her heart flutter at the term of endearment. She closed her phone, wanting to give Bret her undivided attention. "Okay, let's do something different then."

"What do you have in mind, Loona?" Bret pecked his girlfriend's cheek, "You think of ideas while I run into the break room quickly, okay?"

Bret smiled and jogged into the break room. He pulled his phone out and thought about all the good times he had in the living world. Photos of the beautiful football field were deemed invaluable by his mind. Tears quietly streamed down his now puffy cheeks, the world he once knew gone. Frank was dead, so who knew where he would end up? More photos of Bret as a human were on his phone. Nothing went as planned in his life. He had given up on suicide, only to be pushed off the ledge, where he would fall into the abyss of death.

A knock interrupted Bret's crying session. He wiped his tears away, "Who is it?"

"It's Millie," Millie responded, "Can I come in?"

Bret quickly dried his face and opened the door. "Yeah, sure."

Millie walked in and took a seat across from Bret. "Are you okay?"

Bret nodded, "Just thinking."

"About what?"

"The past," Bret answered cryptically.

Millie's expression softened, "I know it's hard to let go, but sometimes we have to move on."

Bret nodded again and gave a small smile, "You're right. Thanks, Millie."

"Anytime," Millie replied before standing up and continuing her duties.

Bret let out a long sigh and placed his head in his hands. He needed to focus on the present and his relationship with Loona. He couldn't keep dwelling on the past.

He stood up and walked back out to Loona, smiling brightly. "So, any ideas for our date?"

Loona thought for a moment before a lightbulb went off in her head. "Let's go to an arcade! I heard they're super fun."

Bret's face lit up, "That's a great idea! Let's do it."

The couple left the coffee shop, hand in hand, excited for their new adventure. As they approached the arcade, Bret felt a sense of hope and joy. He entered another state of mind, "The arcade, what could go wrong?"

The first game they played was air hockey, in which Loona lost four games out of the seven they played. Loona was impressed by Bret's skill of accuracy. Next, they played laser tag, which Loona won because Bret wouldn't stop running out of breath after sprinting after her. In human form, he kept his physique from his linemen days. His height he stood around six and 6/8 feet tall. He thought we would win, but boy, he was wrong. The fun they had that day was impossible to compare to anything else.

***

As night rolled in, there wasn't any way to get back home. Loona started to get cold and refused Bret's jacket as she wanted to feel the cold winds. She called Blitz, saying they would buy a hotel room for the night. That same hotel was on the beachfront, "This is cool."

The hotel key worked as the couple went into the room. Loona was amazed by what she saw in the room. The surprised look held her back from bouncing off the walls. Bret forced a grin onto his face, "It's pretty impressive, isn't it?"

"You pulled this off?!" Loona gasped.

"The hotel room? Yeah, why wouldn't I?" Bret responded nervously, "Anything for you, babe."

As the lovers sat in the room, Loona went into the bathroom and decided to take a shower. Bret had an idea, "Loona, be careful. Okay?"

Loona rolled her eyes, "Don't get risky! I'll kick your ass!"

Bret laughed, "I'll get you!"

Loona steps in and proceeds to wash her hair vigorously. Bret sits down, phone in hand. He plans something, "I should scare the shit out of her."

Loona is still in the shower, turns the shower head off, grabs a towel, and wraps it around her chest, holding the towel with only her hand, phone in the other. She walked into the bedroom. Bret wasn't in there. She quickly walked, only to get scared by Bret. She drops her towel, revealing her precious body to Bret. Her curvy figure stood embarrassed by the wave of blush she felt running throughout her body, "WHAT THE FU—"

"Shush! I didn't think you--" Bret was stopped.

The pair looked at each other. Awkwardness spread around the room as the room had no one speaking. Loona blushed and looked away; angry Bret had scared her but was impressed that he could scare her in the first place. Bret was fascinated by her body. Her curves couldn't stop him from breaking the awkward silence between them. Loona covered her mouth while crying from embarrassment. Bret realized his mistake and slowly went to hug her, only to be slapped and for Loona to run into the bedroom.

"Wait..." Bret faintly mumbled, "I didn't mean to scare... you."

Loona cried under the bed sheets, wearing only her towel, "Why did I slap him... he was only playing a prank?"

She shook her head, peeking around the corner to see her boyfriend, to see him staring at his arm, which was covered in cuts, "Hey..."

Bret flinched, "Yeah?"

Loona walked out, only in her bra, and with a frown, "I'm sorry..."

Bret cried, "I didn't think you'd hit me... I should be sorry."

Loona grabbed Bret by his waist and pulled him to the couch. She started kissing him, to which he responded by kissing back.

As they kissed, Bret pulled Loona onto his lap, running his hands up and down her back. She moaned softly into his mouth as he pushed his tongue deeper. Her hands rubbed his chest, earning a pleasured groan from the male and sitting in their hotel room with a beachfront view.

Their clothes were scattered around the room as they indulged in passionate lovemaking. Bret's hands touched every inch of her body, and Loona's moans became louder with each touch.

Bret whispered into her ear, "I know I scared you, but I promise I'll never hurt you."

Loona smiled, "I know it was just a prank. It's okay. I just got scared."

They continued their passionate lovemaking. Lost in the pleasure they endured as the waves crashed against the shore outside their window. They knew at that moment. Nothing else mattered except for the love they shared.

As they lay in each other's arms, with sweat glistening on their skin, they both knew that they would always be there for each other, no matter what, for they were bound by the threads of love and passion, woven together to create a bond that would never break.