25: Point Of No Return (1)

With everyone in the main room. Bret began feeling stress and compassion for what Loona was dealing with while handling Thomas—In their hellhound forms.

"SHUT UP!" Bret roared, "Alright... I got one more person to join us."

"Who?" Jaxon asked.

"Dylan Corey." Bret grinned, "Now, I know it's last minute, but you guys need to work on your weaponry skills."

Everyone gasped at the sight of Dylan. Loona sat in the breakroom, holding baby Thomas. Octavia was helping the newborn's mother to keep calm as her stress was popping up.

Stolas gasped, "So many mortals!"

Bret smiled, "These 'mortals' are my friends."

Stolas nodded and walked away. Dylan began explaining what happened after high school. He had gone into the military as a conscript. To settle some problems with his family. After the convoy was attacked, he knew he had a chance to escape.

"He saw me and knew it was time to go." Bret grinned, "Dylan, we welcome you with open arms to hell."

"Do soldiers go to hell?" Dylan asked.

"That depends if they killed the wrong guy or not." Bret let out a chuckle. A nervous and painful-sounding chuckle.

***

At the Hazbin Hotel, Charlie was preparing the hotel in any way she could. She was always cheerful and kept an upbeat environment. Well, she attempted to never less.

"Just a few more touches." Charlie smiled, "Vaggie! Could you help me move some tables in the dining hall?"

Vaggie was Charlie's girlfriend. She could only see out of one eye and was overprotective of the hotel, her only home. She kept her spear sharpened and ready to kill if someone was causing a problem.

"Hold on!" Vaggie spoke in Spanish, spoken in El Salvador and other Spanish-speaking countries.

"I... Alright!" Charlie's smile faded as she struggled to move the tables by herself.

Niffty, another demon who worked in the hotel, Saw Charlie struggling, "Do you need help, Miss Charlie?"

Charlie nodded and felt relief that she got some form of help. Vaggie stepped into the dining hall and began helping Niffty and Charlie. They pushed each table as they had to prepare for a banquet in a few weeks. Charlie was always preparing beforehand.

'She does this too early.' Vaggie thought, 'Does she need to do all these weeks before?'

"Thanks for the help, girls. It feels good knowing I can get some help." Charlie sheepishly laughed.

"It's okay, Charlie. I should've helped you from the start. But we still have more tables to move." Vaggie admitted.

"That's okay!" Niffty laughed.

The girls laughed before hearing a male voice enter the dining hall, "Excuse me? This the... Hazbin Hotel?"

"We're not open!" Vaggie spoke, getting defensive, "You're not welcome here... Human?"

The voice was revealed to be a human in his mid-50s with brown hair and green eyes. He was broad in size and kept shifting his eyes. He wasn't from here, was he? He explained how he died and how he thought hell would be worse.

"I think my son lives down here?" The man sighed.

"What's his name by chance?" Charlie asked, trying to keep a smile.

The man looked Charlie dead in the eyes, "Bret Sobehrad."

***

Back inside the office's reception room. Bret drew a plan from nothing and wanted to talk. He couldn't bring himself to yell again. His eyes shifted to Loona, who had handed Thomas to Octavia to give her some bonding time with her nephew-by-love.