16: The Mentality Between Good VS Evil

"Fuck! I'm dead! That bitch got me killed!" Frank yelled in frustration, "I don't even know who fucking shot me!"

He grunted while sitting up, questioning his next move. He walked around Hell's pride ring, "This is where the homosexuals are? Out of nowhere?"

Frank knew the hardships he faced on Earth. He blamed Loona for everything and realized she pushed Bret off the ledge in Coral Gables. What he didn't know was they were dating. Even in the afterlife, their relationship thrived. Unbeknownst to him, he felt this rage consume his inner self and his image. Anger and greed sent him here. He laughed when he saw a demon, imp to be exact, get killed.

He felt his role as the interrogator on Earth also could've sent him here, "Next time, don't beat the shit out of you're friends."

Frank walked along the sidewalks in Hell. He followed the law until his sudden breakdown, "Loona admitted to killing Bret, which makes everything make sense."

Frank became an imp after his death, while the bullet hole became a scar on the back of his head, "What even am I? Am I some low-class bullshit?"

As he wrapped his mind around the ideology of being in the seven rings, he wanted a job. Not just any job, a job to go back to the overworld. Earth. His former home.

***

Stella sat in her castle with a butler by her side. She waited impatiently as the butler poured her a cup of coffee. She was complaining about Stolas, her husband. He was cheating on her with an imp, Blitzo, because they had been forced into an arranged marriage from a young age. Stolas wanted nothing to do with her. But here they are. They have their daughter Octavia together.

"He is such an IMP FUCKER!" Stella screamed, "I thought he was MY husband. Guess he's just a fucking CHEATER."

"Ma'am, please refrain from such language. Why don't you talk with him?" The butler sighed, "Perhaps you could explain your future to him? What do you want with this relationship?"

"He wouldn't listen either way!" Stella sighed.

The Ars Goetia queen and the butler argued over her and Stolas' relationship. When they heard a crash from outside, Stella stood up and stepped to the large doors, "WHO THE FUCK IS THERE?"

Frank waves, "JUST ME, YOUR HIGHNESS!"

"WHO ARE YOU?!" Stella yelled angrily, "HERE TO FUCK MY HUSBAND AS WELL?"

"YOUR HIGHNESS... I'M STRAIGHT, THANK YOU!" Frank snorted. He soon walked over to the doors and was greeted by the butler.

"WHAT'S YOUR BUSINESS, IMP?" Stella screeched.

"LET ME IN, AND I'LL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!" Frank covers his ears, "OKAY?"

***

After hours of questioning, arguing, and complaining, Stella and Frank sit and talk.

"You want me to hire you as a hitman?" Stella asks with a smirk.

"Yes, your highness. I have some... people I could handle for the both of us." Frank sips his teacup, "I have a friend I need to kill, and I could remove some people for you."

"If there is anyone I want dead. It's that imp my husband has been fucking!" Stella pounded her teacup, breaking the poor item into pieces. Frank sat silent, his thoughts provoking questionable methods to kill somebody. The idea of killing someone close to Bret became more evident. The more he spoke about his past life, "I can kill both humans and demons for you, your highness. If I could get my hands within reach of a copy of a Grimoire, I'll do it."

"No. No Grimoire. I can't risk that." Stella stuttered, "I-I don't think that would be the best of ideas... what's your name again?"

"Franklin, but most people call me Frank." Frank sighed, "I need at least the ability to make portals. This would make everything I do easy."

Stella realized Frank was right, "Only portals, you say?"

"Yes, your highness. Portals between Earth and the afterlife." Frank smirked, "I could use them for anything. I only need your grant or confirmation to approve this."

Stella realized she could hire Frank as a hitman since Striker failed to complete any of the tasks he'd been given, "I'll hire you under one condition."

"What's your one condition, your highness?" Frank asked, confused.

"Don't let your portal abilities fall into the wrong hands." Stella snarled, "Or I'll kill you myself."

"Deal." 

***

"Files are done, Blitzo!" Bret yelled from the file cabinet, "Anything else?"

"No! Just hang around!" Blitzo yelled back, "You're good for now."

Bret ran to Loona's desk and kissed her forehead, "You doing okay, honey?"

Loona blushed and looked up, "I'm doing fine. I might steal your lunch."

"I made you lunch; steak and eggs, your favorite. So I could have my fettuccine alfredo." Bret chuckled and tucked some loose pieces of Loona's hair behind her ear, "Are you sure you want my pasta?"

Moxxie scoffed, "Can't you guys do that somewhere else?"

"Lose some weight, cocksucker!" Bret growled, "I read your file Moxxie."

"Don't you DARE say it!" Moxxie roared with embarrassment, "I'm warning you!"

"You." Bret smiled.

"NO!" Moxxie started panicking, "DON'T DO IT!"

"Like." Bret started laughing.

"STOP!" Moxxie's panics became apparent.

"Being pegged by Millie!" Bret talked quickly, so he wouldn't have to keep breaking his words apart. Loona frowned as Moxxie's panic became worsened. Millie stormed into the room, about to rip Bret apart, but she didn't as she hugged her husband tightly.

"Whatever." Loona looked at her phone, "Beats that we know the truth."

"Anything else, love? Before I continue my filing organization?" Bret smiled, "I still have our files to sort and label. Should I make one for our baby?"

"Probably not." Loona sighed, "Cause I don't know what could go through my dad's mind."

"I'll let that slide, sweetheart." Bret kissed his girlfriend one last time before heading back into the storage room, where more files sat, waiting to be organized.

"I won't make a file for our child, but I keep my heart as a file for my child." Bret smiled, "I can't wait to meet you, son. We'll meet soon."

Loona sat at her desk, watching as M&M stepped into the breakroom. She felt her unborn child kick relentlessly and smiled, "You still have some time before you're born, silly!"

Bret organized some more files while listening to music. He used his headphones to drown out the noise around him. Now, it wasn't uncommon for Bret not to sport his headphones during work hours. He listened to whatever playlist he could find using his Spotify. His phone never buzzed, except for the text from Loona about the baby kicking or "being hungry" when Loona wanted food.

Bret sang his heart out while organizing the files, watching each paper slide delicately from his paws. The sound of paper wasn't there as the music blasted it away. The tune led to Bret crying as the files were done; he became emotional. But with Loona pregnant, his friends, his dad, Frank, and his mental health are on the verge of snapping.

"Dad..." Bret whispered, "I promise you'll see your grandchild soon. I promise."