21: Assembling a Squad (1)

"Hell?" Jaxon was stunned, "I wasn't done hunting!"

"We're hunting demons now." Bret smiled, "I see that M24 rifle you got there. The workbench is in the breakroom. I suggest some... different attachments."

Jaxon was seen confused than angry, "Soby, you're fucking crazy, dog."

"Once I assemble this fucking crew. Frank will be dealt with." Bret growled, "Listen. I'm only down here because I'm dead. That's why I'm a hellhound."

"I'm not going to even ask for an explanation." Jaxon objected before modifying his M24 rifle in the breakroom. Jaxon wasn't the type of person to question much.

"What the fuck?!" A voice was heard in the central area.

Bret peaked into the area, "Petey?"

"Soby? Wait, Soby?!" Petey yelled.

"Andrew Petrich. Welcome to my home." Bret greeted his friend and former high school teammate, "It's... been a while, hasn't it?"

"Dude... What happened to you? I heard the news." Petey spoke embarrassed.

"It's been like this for a while now, Petey? Doesn't anyone talk to you?" Bret scoffed, "Whatever happened to me? I was killed! Alright?"

"I got it." Petey shrugged, "Why are we here again?"

"Once I get you all together. I'll explain everything, okay?" Bret chuckled nervously.

"What do you mean by 'all together,' Soby?" Petey asked.

"You'll find out. Besides, go chill in the breakroom. Jaxon Henry is in there. Oh! Before I forget, grab a weapon and do what Jaxon is doing. Thank me later." Bret explained.

Bret set some ground rules as Moxxie and Millie entered the room, "Can you guys help me out?"

Moxxie shrugged, "With what exactly?"

"Can I trust you both with the grimoire and find these people for me?" Bret pleaded with them.

"Who else needs to be down here?!" Moxxie argued.

"These people... are- were my friends. I need to find and get them to help deal with Frank." Bret reasoned.

"Sure, Bret. We can help with that." Millie agreed, "Who are the people in question?"

"It's a big list. Those two will help you out." Bret semi-grinned.

"List them all." Liam entered the room.

Bret took a deep breath and listed the people, "Nate, Colton Rutledge, Mario, David, Carson, Wyatt Macloed, Richard LaVerne, Ky Larsen, Emilio Vera, Jaxzon Miller, Mark, and Steven. Got it?"

"Who do you want us to get?" Moxxie objected.

"Jaxon! Petey!" Bret roared.

"Yeah?" The duo said in unison.

"Go with them. Moxxie, go with Petey and Millie, go with Jaxon." Bret sighed.

"Who's getting who exactly?" Jaxon groaned.

"Jaxon and Millie, you got Mark, Wyatt Macloed, David, and Richie Laverne." Bret handed them the list of names.

"And we have..?" Petey spoke.

"Carson, Jaxzon Miller, Emilio Vera, Steven, and Nate. Understood?" Bret handed Moxxie the list, "Use the grimoire, tell them I'm waiting to greet them after they enter the portal, and just be cool about it. For the love of Soby, be calm, and don't be fucking stupid."

"Will you get anyone?" Moxxie objected, "Why should we do your chores—"

"I'll get Ky Larsen and Colton Rutledge." Bret interrupted, "Liam, you'll be here until Octavia and the others show up. Got it?"