15: California Gurls (2)

The three men were shocked to see Bret. Their dead friend on Earth. How did this appear to happen?

"Bret! Holy shit!" Liam yelled.

"Keep it down! This stays between us. Got that?"

"How are you even alive?" Aidan asked, confused about the "dead friend" theory.

"Grimoire." Bret laughed.

"Is that a French word?" Daniel laughed.

"Why does everybody think it's a French word?" Bret growled, "Besides, I have connections! For fuck's sake."

"I don't get it!" Aidan pulled his gun out, "This isn't right at all!"

"PUT THE GUN DOWN! NOW!" Bret snarled.

"You're not human." Liam voiced.

"You guys want an explanation, correct?" Bret asked, his voice tinted with a low growl.

Bret took a deep breath, "I'm... a hellhound."

Liam gasped, "I knew it!"

"Still not a furry, dumbass!" Bret groaned.

The three men stood frozen, their minds struggling to comprehend the revelation. The notion that their deceased friend, Bret, was now standing before them as a hellhound was beyond their wildest imaginations. They exchanged bewildered glances, their eyes wide with shock and disbelief.

"A hellhound?" Liam stuttered, his voice trembling.

Bret nodded solemnly. "Yes, a hellhound. It's a long story, but I assure you, it's still me, Bret, despite my... altered form."

"When you die. You become... a creature. Thanks to my respect for the Goetia family. I have access to the grimoire I mentioned earlier." Bret explained.

"The Goetia family?" Liam squinted his eyes, "As in..?"

"Stolas Goetia. The almighty owl demon... bird motherfucker." Bret laughed.

"Wait..." Aidan froze.

"How dumb are you guys?!" Bret growled, "It doesn't apply to you're fucking brains, does it?"

"Wait, aren't hellhounds from hell?" Liam's thoughts crossed over.

"Yes, I live in hell as of right now." Bret chuckled, "Shocking, huh?"

"So, what's that like?" Aidan chucked.

"It's not what you think. The seven rings are there." Bret explained

"Which are..?" Daniel asked, not knowing the answers.

Bret sighed, "What I can recall... are Pride, Wrath, Lust, Envy, and Sloth. From what I know."

The men sat on the couches and chairs alike. Aidan explained his recent gun purchase, which amazed Liam but concerned Bret. Daniel was there to see Bret's hellhound form, which everyone agreed was insane or stupid. Bret reassured them being a hellhound was incredible, for him at least.

The group stared in awe as Aidan pointed his gun at Bret, the Colt Anaconda. Bret made everyone step back and watched it begin the Hellhound transformation process. Liam stood near just in case something went wrong.

"Begin transformation in 5..." Bret started the countdown.

"4..." Bret continued.

"I hope this is worth it." Aidan pouted.

"3... 2... 1..." Bret finalized the countdown.

They watched as a beam of light shot from his heart and pulled him into the air. The process was quick; the fur, scars, and muscles appeared quicker than they thought. Bret's hellhound form didn't show him as the human he once was, with dark grey fur, navy blue irises, red sclera, and a powerhouse of a tail. Liam couldn't believe it. His friend was truthfully a hellhound. Daniel slowly went to approach Bret. But was stopped as Aidan pulled his gun and shot Bret.