22: Assembling a Squad (2)

"Sir, are these humans competent to even use a gun?" Moxxie scoffed, "Only five people know how to use a gun in this office! Me, Millie, Bret, Liam, and Jaxon!"

"Training." Petey muttered, "Training helps people learn how to use things."

"How so?" Liam jumped.

"Proper gun training. Not some damn license!" Petey spoke, "But proper training."

Liam looked at Jaxon, "Want some help with that?"

"Where is Bret anyway?"  Moxxie asked.

"He's looking for somebody." Liam spoke, "Whoever he's finding. I hope he finds them quick."

"Why is that?" Petey objected.

"A storm could brew soon, and if Bret wants that crew made. He better be quick and slick."

***

Lake Elsinore, California. A ginger-haired man stood outside the docks as he prepared his fishing trip. His good luck charm? A fish hook which slid onto the brim of the hat. He knew Soby well, but how well?

"Looks good, dude. Anything else?" The dock worker asked.

"Nope. Thanks, Tony. You always help out, no matter what. I like that." The ginger spoke with a smile.

"Need help getting out to where to need?" Tony asked him.

"I got it from here, Tony." The ginger smiled.

"Alrighty then." Tony chuckled, "Whatever you catch, I'll weigh."

Outside of the dock entrance stood a disguised hellhound. He walked ever closer to the entrance. However, this hellhound was Bret. He was wearing a lightweight Kevlar vest and a few pieces of clothing.

"That fucking ginger." Bret growled, "Let's get him."

The hellhound-in-disguise crept closer toward the docks. All while having to keep a low profile away from the other fishermen. As they would get suspicious of the vest underneath his jacket. He held a knife under his left arm. He kept it concealed and away from the public eye. His eyes darted across the area. He would find who he was looking for.

As he reached the docks, he spotted the ginger-haired man. Attaching his fishing lure to his fishing poles and using unique baits he bought the same day. The smile grew, and his hand drew closer to the knife, but he hesitated to harm him. Bret was taught to negotiate and work around issues. 

"Nope. I must talk to him." Bret groaned.

The ginger-haired man grabbed his shotgun and aimed it at Bret, "Who goes there? This ain't your dock."

"Relax, bud." Bret revealed his face by pulling down his hoodie, "It's only me."

"Soby?" The man spoke.

"The one and only." Bret chuckled, "A storm is brewing back home—"

"I'm in. No questions asked." The man stood up and held his shotgun, "I'm ready for anything."

Bret opened a portal and waited for the man to step through, "Be careful."

"What is this, football? There ain't no coach to stop me." The man chuckled before jumping into the portal.

The duo of man and hellhound disguised as man went through the portal. The shotgun was still in the man's hands.

The ginger-haired man stepped onto the office carpet, "This where you work, Soby?"

Bret smiled, "Mr. Colton Rutledge?"

"Yeah? That's me." Colton chuckled and shook his head.

"Mr. Rutledge, welcome to Hell. My home." Bret smiled while revealing his authentic form.