🔵 Chapter 19: Love Me or Hate Me

Baz's Pov

I felt....light. At least that is how I would describe it. It had been a while since I experienced this feeling, not since I was a kid did I feel this..light. Like a weight had been taken off my back. Whether it be temporary or not, I didn't concern myself with it cause all I knew was that it was a nice feeling.

My brain had labeled it a side effect of basically losing my shit two days ago after getting taken in by the police. I didn't feel good about how I dealt with it but, I must admit it felt great when you were finally able to let out all of your pain. As a black human being, I had grown accustomed to dealing with things a certain way.

To just sit back and swallow the constant disrespect and shit that just pissed me off. Day after day I had to keep myself in check so as not to act in a way that would cause them to label me as a thug or another angry black person.

It felt good for once to not have to apologize for feeling how I felt. For letting my pain be known. Though I was sorry it all was aimed at Callum, I wasn't sorry for what was said cause it was the truth. You had to be blind to ignore the constant injustices that were broadcasted in the media every day. It must have been easy to ignore since it wasn't them on the receiving end.

"Good morning" Callum spoke coming into my kitchen. I got distracted a little by the fact he was just wearing a pair of my gym shorts and nothing else. He had been staying the night for the past two days and I didn't object to it because I didn't feel like being alone.

"Morning" I replied placing my coffee on the counter

"You okay?" he asked.

"You don't have to keep asking me that?" I chuckled.

"I just wanna make sure" he sighed coming over to me.

I watched him as he slowly came up behind me. Before his arms wrapped around my waist they halted a little, as if he was second-guessing himself. I smirked because it was obvious he was nervous. He finally made a decision and gave me a back hug. If this was a few days ago I probably would have pushed him away but, Callum had shown me he wasn't going anywhere. Besides, having him here made me feel a way I hadn't felt since Quan was alive.

"You wanna go out with me tonight?" I questioned placing my hand on top of his.

"Are you serious?" Callum muttered.

"Yes," I said.

"Okay," he breathed letting me go.

Turning around, I saw that he was smiling big as hell and this made me smirk. I had told him some deep shit. It was information about myself that I never really shared but, was comfortable enough to tell him. Then again no one had made the promise to me as he did.  The promise not to hurt me. To be honest, I wasn't a weak person but, I hated wasting my time which is why I never dated people for long.

The quickest way to get me to lose interest was to make me feel like I was wasting my time. I didn't like to play games either. I had experienced firsthand at an early age how easily life can be taken away so, why would I waste the little amount of time I had with someone who isn't worth it? That made no sense to me.

"I'll pick you up at 9  o'clock. I need to go to the club and finish the work I've missed. Also, I have to visit my mom" I explained.

"That's fine. I have work as well" he hummed.

"You could have left yesterday, I would have been fine" I commented.

"Yeah but, I didn't want to" he stated pulling me closer by just the band of the pajama pants I was wearing. Once we were chest to chest, he leaned in to kiss me but, before he could I leaned down and lifted him. Turning, I set him on top of my island.

"Better" I murmured before kissing him.

He tried to gain dominance which I allowed him to have for a moment but, soon I took control. His arms were roped around my neck while mine were around his waist, each of us pulling one another closer. I bit his lip a little, though not hard enough to hurt him but, just enough to elicit a moan out of his mouth. Callum was a very sexual person. This was something I quickly noticed about him. He just exuded a very sexual energy.

"Baz!" he gasped as my mouth moved from lips to his neck and my hands from his waist to his nipples.

"I could make you fall apart right here" I whispered into his ear before licking and biting his lobe which only caused his body to jolt forward. Chuckling at his reaction I pulled away and just took in the sight in front of me. It was one I could get used to. Callum's skin had flushed red and he looked turned on which was obvious from the hard-on he had in his shorts.

"Shower?" I suggested and he just nodded. I helped him down and then grabbed his hand before leading him to the bathroom.

I wasn't planning for things to be just sexual between us. I wanted to give him a real chance which is why I asked him out. He wanted to get to know me and that was fine but, I would also like to know more about him. My trust wasn't something I handed over easily and I had my flaws but, hopefully, Callum could stay true to his words. He may have thought I was easy to love but, I could also be easy to hate.

**************

I am really proud of myself for how consistent my writing has been lately. I am happy that I can keep putting out chapters for you guys and I really hope you all are still enjoying the story.

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO