🔵 Chapter 4: The Past Which Shaped The Future

Callum's Pov

"Fuck" I groaned

"Fuck" I groaned.

Opening my eyes and sitting up. Looking around I saw that I wasn't in my own bed, once again. Removing the arm that was wrapped around my chest, I got out of the stranger's bed and started gathering up all my stuff. I was getting dressed on my way to the door. As I was about to leave and meet my Uber outside, I heard footsteps.

"Morning beautiful" the man mumbled causing me to visibly cringe at the sound of his voice. I was hoping to get out before he woke up.

"Hey" I sighed.

"You're leaving?" he asked.

"Yeah. I have stuff to do" I muttered smiling awkwardly.

"I thought we'd have breakfast. Celebrate your birthday. I remember you telling me last night that it was today" the man said running a hand through his bed hair.

"No, I'm good. Thanks for the sex. Bye" I told him deciding to cut this short. Seeing his shocked face I really wished I had gotten up earlier. I could have avoided this whole damn situation.

Jogging down the steps, I got into my Uber and headed back to my apartment. Scrolling through my phone, I saw a couple of missed calls from my mom and my best friend Anthony.

"Morning," I said when he picked up.

"Hmm so, you're still alive?" he scoffed.

"Yep and all in one piece too" I laughed.

"One of these days it's going to happen. You keep hooking up with these random guys. I can't help but, think of the worst. Besides your mother has been calling me all night looking for you. I ran out of excuses" Anthony sighed.

"Whatever. I'm an adult, not a 16-year-old child. She needs to leave me alone and let me live my life" I muttered.

"She cares about you" he replied.

"Where was all that care for the first 15 years of my life? She and my dad think they can just be parents whenever they feel like it. They treat me like one of there frivolous hobbies" I explained.

"Okay but, I care about you. So be more careful for my sake" he argued.

"Fine. I'll be more careful" I said getting out of my Uber when it pulled up to my apartment. I waved to the doorman as he let me in. Walking to the elevator, I pressed the button for the penthouse.

I had a trust fund that helped pay for my lifestyle but, I also worked at my father's company. After college was over, I started an internship there. My dad was happy but, I didn't do it for him and luckily we rarely worked together since I preferred the IT department. I was smarter than I looked, at least that's what everyone told me.

"So, the club is set up for your party tonight. Your birthday is going to be amazing" Anthony spoke excitedly.

"I can't wait. Where did you even find this club?" I questioned.

"Instagram. It's a new one but, I talked to the owner and he assured me that everything was going to be perfect. I'm stopping by there, later on, to check on things. Did you wanna join me?" he hummed.

"I can't. I have to go to lunch with my mother. Show her that I'm still alive" I groaned stepping into my apartment. I headed straight for the shower because I smelled like sex and alcohol.

"Okay, well see you tonight," he told me.

"Alright bye" I murmured before hanging up.

Dropping my phone on the bed, I stripped out of my clothes and went to the bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror I looked at the scar I had on my chest. I got it from surgery to fix a collapsed lung. I received it after the car crash when I was 16. It happened a couple of days later when we thought everything was okay. Apparently, a broken rib punctured it. I went into surgery and it was the scariest time of my life.

Rubbing it, I got flashes of fear and loneliness. My parents had left me alone for most of my childhood. Providing me with nannies and servants to make up for their lack of appearance. They get mad that I don't want to be bothered with them but, they missed their chance to raise me. They missed everything and I suffered because of it.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Here's older Callum. He is kind of a mess but, he'll get better eventually. Next, these two meet again face to face. It's going to be interesting. Also,  you'll see what happened to Baz's mother. What do you think?

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄