🔵 Chapter 3: Nothing Ever Stays The Same

Baz's Pov

"Aye yo, you better not drop that shit! I'll be taking it out of your damn paycheck if you do!" I snapped keeping my eye on the two men carrying the cases of liquor

"You need to chill my dude. What are you stressing about?" Jason said placing his hand on my shoulder. I cut my eyes at him and he quickly removed it.

"A big client rented out the club tonight. No fuck-ups will be tolerated. A lot of money is on the line. I won't have my business in jeopardy just because someone can't be bothered to do their damn job right" I replied glancing down at my clipboard.

"Don't worry Baz. We got this" he chuckled.

"Just get back to work. I don't pay your ol' Casper the ghost looking ass to stand around" I muttered walking away. I headed back to my office. Sitting down, I pulled out my phone and pressed my speed dial, waiting for them to pick up.

"Hello, Baz" Martha answered.

"How is she doing today?" I asked.

"She is calm today. There have been no outbursts so far. She's can't wait to see you" she hummed.

"I'll be there tomorrow. I'm planning a big party tonight" I sighed.

"Okay then. I'll let her know. Don't work too hard" she told me.

"Yes ma'am "I replied before hanging up.

Glancing over I saw a picture of me and Quan. We were both smiling, oblivious to how fucked up shit would be a couple of months later.

"Yo boss man!! One of the distributors is here!!" I heard one of my employees yell, followed by continuous knocking on my door.

"I'm coming nigga, damn!!" I snapped. Taking a deep breath I got up and left. When I walked back to the front, I saw Greg standing there.

"What's good?" he muttered dapping me up.

"Work. Other than that, shit nothing. How bout you? Teriqua still giving you trouble?" I questioned smirking. He groaned in pain at her name.

After we lost Quan, Greg and I got very close. He used to be my brother's best friend and we bonded over the loss. Now he was one of the only people I trusted with my life. Unfortunately, he was also kind of a mess or at least he always ended up in a mess. Specifically, with his baby momma Teriqua.

"I told you not to mess with her ass. I told you!" I laughed.

"Man whatever" he grumbled smacking his teeth.

"Nah I told that girl had been around a block more times than the damn mailman but, you didn't listen. My mom always says, you can't turn no ho into a housewife" I spoke smiling.

"Trust, I tried but now I just want to see my son without all the drama," he said.

"Listen, I'll talk to her. You my boy and she always liked me. I'll handle it" I told him.