🔵 Chapter 14: Warmth

Callum's Pov

I was never one to get attached. People constantly come and go throughout our lives so, certain attachments seemed unnecessary to me. If I still saw my therapist he would link this issue to the fact my parents were never around.

Though that may be true, it was also a personal choice. Relationships just seemed like hard work, a job. I deemed it unfair for me to enter into one especially, when I knew I would only hurt them. Though as I watched Baz get up from the bed that we just had hot ass sex in, I was beginning to rethink everything.

Maybe it was because we were alike. The fact that he didn't want to be locked down either, drew me to him. Besides he was unlike every other guy I was interested in. He didn't allow my money and looks to blind or sway his opinion of me.

"Stop staring at me, it's fucking creepy man" he grumbled going into the bathroom. I sat there until I heard the shower, in which I got up and followed.

"Can I join you?" I hummed looking at him through the glass. He didn't say anything or offer any action as a reply so, I just took that as a yes.

Slowly, I stepped in behind him. I took a moment to admire how the hot water ran down his skin causing it to kind of glow. Raising my hand, I let my fingertips graze across his shoulder blades until I came across a scar. I recognized it from us sleeping together. It matched the one that was on his chest. I had never seen anything like it except, for in movies.

"What happened?" I mumbled covering it with my entire hand.

"Nothing" he hissed jerking away from me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't-" I whispered but, was unable to finish.

"I said it's nothing. Drop the shit, okay" Baz stated before grabbing the soap. Although, he couldn't see me, I nodded. Obviously, it was a touchy subject. I mean nothing like that had a good memory attached to it.

It was quiet, only the sound of the water filling the air as I helped get him get clean. He allowed me to wash his back and as I slid the loofa across it, I could feel the tension.

"Baz" I whispered grazing his spine with my fingertips. I knew he heard me because he turned his head slightly. Raising up on my toes slightly, I kissed the side of his neck.

"What are you doing?" he mumbled as I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him from the back.

"I'm sorry" I said.

"It's fine" he responded turning off the water.

Removing my touch, I allowed him to step out first and then I followed afterwards. Wrapping the towels around our waist, we left his bathroom and went back into his bedroom.

"Can I borrow some clothes?"I asked sitting on his bed.

"Your ass is getting real comfortable" Baz scoffed.

"I would respond but, it's too early and I have somewhere to be" I muttered glancing at my phone to see 3 missed call from my mother. To that, I just rolled my eyes. She didn't seem to know when to give up which, is something we had in common.

"Here" he grumbled opening his dresser and handing me a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Thank you" I replied and he just nodded.

I dropped the towel and proceeded to get dressed in front of him. I wasn't ashamed of my body and he had already saw me naked. After I was done my phone went off. Assuming it was my mother, I answered it.

"Blowing up my phone doesn't make me want to answer" I groaned.

"Answer your mother's phone calls. Your upsetting her" my dad stated over the line.

"Oh and you don't think the years of cheating upset her" I snapped annoyed at how he tried to order me around.

"Callum I have tried to have a civil conversation with you. Your so set on pointing out your mother and I's flaws without even looking at your own. We're only human. We are entitled to make a few mistakes" he sighed.

"Telling your son that you life would be best if  he died isn't a mistake! Some part of you must of meant it. Just admit that you never wanted me!" I snapped completely forgetting Baz presence as the tears started to roll.

The next couple of years after my accident were the darkest. I battled with severe depression and occasional suicidal thoughts. The best thing my parents ever did for me was get me into therapy before it was too late.

"Callum-" my father started but, I didn't feel like listening anymore so, I just hung up. Glancing up, I saw Bas staring at me. I felt embarrassed that he saw me like that.

"Sorry" I whispered as I searched for my shoes. I didn't meet his eyes the whole time but, I could feel his stare. As I was heading toward the door, I felt him grab my arm. Shock took over as he pulled me into a hug.

"If this is because of pity, you can let me go" I murmured annoyed that was the only reason he was showing this kind of affection.

"You talk too much. This ain't fucking pity. I just know pain when I see it. You looked like you can use a hug but, if you don't want it..." he trailed off.

"No! I like it" I whispered wrapping my arms around him again.

I couldn't remember the last time I received a hug that felt like this. I felt warm and protected. I felt peace and I just knew that this feeling was going to become addicting.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

HAPPY PRIDE!!

I know that it has been a while since I updated this story. I was thinking of trashing it since I lost motivation. But, I know that a story like this needs to be written so, I'm not ready to give up yet.

—-MissTAYTAY1 XOXO❤️