🔵 Chapter 20: Love and Basketball

Baz's Pov

Once Callum and I went our separate ways, I drove to the home to check on my mom. Truth is the arrest still had me flustered a little and maybe it was the child part of me but, I just wanted to see her. As much help as Callum provided there was something about going to your mother when all the world seemed painful that just healed your heart. Even in her weakened state of mind, my mom would always be a pillar of strength for me.

After leaving her, I went to the club to catch up on work and put in all my orders. It was going to be hard as hell to open without any liquor or food. While I focused there was a part of me that thought about afterwards when I would go meet Callum for our date. It had been a while since I had taken anyone out due to me being so immersed in work. I primarily stuck to one-night stands, and meaningless hookups just because they were like a microwave dinner, quick and easy.

"Hey, Baz can you sign off on this DJ? It's the one I was texting you about" Jason muttered coming into my office. Pulling myself away from my computer I just looked at him irritated.

"Man, haven't I told you to goddamn knock before coming in. Manners, motherfucker" I grumbled.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Won't happen again, I promise" he chuckled but, I wasn't fucking laughing. I was slightly stressed about getting everything finished on time. I didn't want to be late for the date but, I also had so much shit to take care of due to my taking that time off. Just goes to show you that you can't run a business by sitting on your ass.

"This DJ better not be fucking ass," I said taking the clipboard and signing the contract.

"He isn't I swear. By the way, how are you doing man? I was kinda worried after the whole cops incident" Jason questioned.

"I'm fine,  just another day" I sighed.

"Well, I'm glad it was just a misunderstanding. I'll go check on everyone" he spoke leaving my office.

I could have argued with him that it was anything but a misunderstanding but, I honestly didn't have the energy. Going back to my work I managed to finish up my truck order and alcohol order in time. All I had left was to send payroll and review the applications for my new bottle girls. I figured if I brought in some fines ass women then the crowds would come pouring in. Not even 20 minutes in, my phone was going off. Irritated, I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Greg.

He had been MIA which could only mean that he was back under his baby momma Teriqua. It didn't matter what this girl did to him or who he was involved with, he always went back to her. She could be on some petty shit and take away his son, embarrass him at work, and even start fights with the females he messed with, all of which she had done, but it didn't matter.

"Why the hell are you calling me?" I asked.

"Damn, I don't get no hello" he laughed.

"Hello. Now why are you on my line, I'm at work" I snickered.

"Listen so Teriqua-" he began but, I smacked my teeth at the sound of her name preventing him from going further.

"Eh don't say shit. People deserve a second chance" Greg argued.

"A second chance, heavy on the second my guy. You gave her like 15. You guys are toxic for each other" I spoke.

"You don't understand, yeah she is a lot but she is also like one of my best friends. She is the only female that knows me besides my momma and yeah we have our issues but, she gonna ride for me no matter what" he explained.

"Ain't that the same shit you told the judge when she trashed your car? if she all that, then why not stay with her? Why play her if she means that much to you? You are obviously in love" I sighed.