Chapter Eighteen: I Miss Us.

-Sam-

'MOTHEEERRR!' The screeching sound from Darcy filled my room. I sat up slowing rubbing my eyes. I looked over at the clock that said 5:23 am.

'Darcy Anne...do you have any idea what time it is?'

'Nialler is going out to see Harry and I want to go!' She stomped her foot.

'Niall is not going out to see daddy,' I corrected her.

'Yes he is!'

'Yes I am,' he appeared in the doorway slipping on his shoes.

'What?' I shook my head.

'Why?' I tried to comprehend.

'Cause he would like to meet with me for a drink. And I am in a band with him so,' he laced up his shoes.

'I want to go!' Darcy jumped up.

'Ill take you,' Niall said.

'You will not,' I said sternly.

'Go get dressed Darce,' Niall shooed her along. She giddily ran out of the room.

'What are you doing?' I looked at him as he closed our distance.

'What are you doing Sam? Keeping her away from him like this,' he said taking a seat next to me.

'If he misses her as much as he claims, he only lives seven blocks away. He hasn't made much of an effort.'

'Im pretty sure he's terrified to even think about what would happen if he were to show up here,' he picked up my hand in his own.

'I truly am a terrible mother.'

'Nah. You are an amazing mother.'

'Im ready,' Darcy announced. I groaned closing my eyes.

'Ill meet you downstairs,' Niall said. He didn't speak again until the pitter-patter of the feet subsided.

'Ill watch her like a hawk. Ill be back soon,' he assured me. I nodded and he placed a small kiss in the corner of my mouth and disappeared.

I couldn't fall back asleep. I laid there for a couple hours debating what to do. After a long shower, I got dressed and put on make up for the first time in a while. I needed to go and restock the pantry at the market.

I literally had forgotten how to walk in heels. I practiced a few moments before I headed out the door.

The sun was shining again for some odd reason in east London. I placed sunglasses on the top of my head as I entered the grocery store. I pulled out my list and headed to the pasta aisle. Grabbing bow tie, rigatoni, fettuccine and spaghetti. My phone buzzed and it was Niall.

From: Niall Horan.

Meet up for lunch? x

To: Niall Horan.

Is Harry gone?

From: Niall Horan.

Yes.

I got the rest of our groceries and followed the address Niall had given me. It was a small cafe in the middle of no where.

From: Niall Horan.

Table 6.

I looked at the table numbers and walked through the deserted restaurant to the back. That's when I saw him. I rolled my eyes and turned and walked the other way.