Chapter Twelve: Louis Knows Best.

-Sam-

Dear Harry,

It's been a while since I've written you one of these letters. Almost eight months. I remember in one of my notes sweating never to talk to you again. And here you are just a room away putting our daughter to sleep. I have let those four year tall walls crumble down with a simple shake of your head.

I guess I'm writing you a letter because I'm nervous. Tonight I'm going out on a date. I've only been out on a date with you. No one else. I honestly don't know what to do. I've always been comfortable with you. I know every single thing about you. Every line on your face, every freckle on your back and every scar on your body. But Austin, I barely know him. I don't know his sisters name, or his cousins best friend. I don't know all of his old girlfriends, I honestly don't know his favorite color. I think I'm doing this to get back at you. To make you feel what I've been feeling for almost 5 years. I hope it hurts you Harry.

How am I suppose to be in your wedding? How am I suppose to watch you with someone else? How? I'm thinking on not going. Giving myself a mini vacation or something. I need to get away from you. Remember when we were six and we went to Disney World? Our first time in America? We were so excited, when we first got off the plain we rolled on the hot cement because it was American soil. At that moment we felt so free. Thats how I need to feel. Like I'm finally breaking free.

Your such a good dad to Darcy, Harry. And I hope that one day I have the courage to give you all these letters.

-Sam

'Watcha doing?' Harry's voice made me jump.

'A grocery list,' I stumbled jamming the note in my side drawer.

He stared at me from across the room. His green eyes not blinking once.

'Why are you staring at me?'

'Just trying to figure out why you are going on a date,' he furrowed his brow.

'Why not?' I stood up brushing off my dress and running a hand through my hair.

'Your dress is a little short,' he commented as I walked by him.

'Don't look then,' my heels clicked down the stairs.

'So who is this guy anyway?' He asked appearing in the entry way of the kitchen.

'A kid from high school,' I shrugged screwing the top off my water bottle.

'Older or younger?'

'Younger,' I said mouth full of water. He scoffed.

'I know you can't comment on age,' I muttered. There was a knock on the door.

'Ill get it,' Harry said.

'Stop,' I said through gritted teeth. He ignored me and disappeared around the corner. I nervously tapped on the counter top preparing for the worst.

'So this is Austin,' Harry said returning with his arm dangling over Austin's shoulder.

'Are you ready to go Austin?' I grabbed my bag and tugged on his arm.

'Uhh yeah,' he said.

'Oh so soon?' Harry smirked.

'Just walk,' I said pulling Austin from the kitchen.

'He's got a right grip,' he said giving me a look.

'Be back before twelve,' Harry said.

'You're actually so annoying,' I glared at Harry.