Chapter Thirteen: Mixed Signals.

-Eleanor-

You can always tell when Sam and Harry have been fighting. Sam's eyes are red and puffy, they glisten ever so slightly, and her cheeks are flushed. She tries to cover up with make up, but I can tell. She's constantly biting at her nails, and keeps quite. Harry is better at hiding what he feels. Harry and I are really close. Too close sometimes. That's why I feel terrible inside. I was partly responsible for the events that went down years ago. Sorry Sam.

Whenever they've been fighting he repeatedly checks his phone for messages from her. He's always trying to text, or call her hoping she's alright. Apology text, after text. And she always forgives him.

As Sam walks in the dining hall, I know she's been crying. She has the same dazed look she's had for the past few weeks. Her mum by her side, who had Darcy in her arms, let her free and she ran to Niall. I brought my attention to Harry. He looked Sam, up and down, taking her all in. I wonder if he knew that she had been crying? Probably not.

'Shes been crying El,' Danielle whispered in my ear.

'I can see that,' I waved her over and she slowly came towards us.

'She called me today in pieces over this rehearsal dinner. I can't help but feel terrible for her,' Danielle shook her head.

'Could you imagine Liam marrying someone else?' She shuttered. I tried to think of my life without Louis. But I couldn't picture a thing.

'Lovely dress, where did you get it from?' Danielle greeted Sam.

'I got it from work. They give me a bunch of stuff after shoots,' she shrugged taking her seat next to me.

'How've you been?' I asked as she gazed at her ice water.

'Hmmm?' she looked at me, her eyes were pale. It was like nothing was there.

'Why are you doing this to yourself?' I asked.

'Doing what?' she began swirling her spoon around in her cup.

'Making yourself miserable.'

'Im not miserable, Eleanor,' she shook her head.

'You aren't fooling me darling,' I said taking a big gulp of wine.

'Since when do you drink?' she asked slightly amused.

'Ever since you and Harry came back into my life,' I said taking a quick sip of water to wash out the vile wine taste.

'Ah so I've made you an alcoholic?' she snorted.

'Pretty much,' I muttered. She laughed throwing her head back.

'Whats so funny?' Danielle asked turning to face me.

'Sam thinks its funny that I've become an alcoholic because of her relationship problems,' I rolled my eyes.

'Oh so your an alcoholic now?'

'Think so,' I shrugged. She shrugged back.

-Harry-

She looked so beautiful tonight. Her golden hair was perfectly curled, her cream dress held her in all the right places. I couldn't stop looking at her. She threw her head back laughing, her hair bounced in ever direction, but managed to stay perfect. I watched her open her purse, taking out a mini mirror and touching up her make up. All I wanted was for her to look at me, but she never did. Not once.

The rehearsal dinner died down quickly, before I knew it only a few people remained.

Darce and my mum were half asleep in a big cushion chair, Liam was sitting down at the table with Danielle. They were engaged in a whole-nother world. Ashley was chatting it up with her cousins I couldn't name, she never introduced me. Sam and Niall lingered at the desert bar. They were just talking, I hated that she was always with him. I hated Niall. I didn't hate him, but I hated him when he was with her.