Chapter Thirty: Catwalk.

-Sam-

Backstage was always a mess. Girls running around half naked in search of their hair and make up team or in search of their outfit. I sat content in my own little make up chair next to Rosie.

'Its so beautiful,' she gawked at my engagement ring.

'He did so good,' I laughed flipping my hand over and showing her the engraving in the back.

'Yours forever, Love H,' She read placing her hand over her heart.

'I know,' I giggled as Jeremy did the last finishing touches to my look.

'Rosie you are on in five!' A voice above said.

'Knock 'em dead!' I said flashing her a smile.

'Fluff your curls, fluff your curls,' Jeremy said quickly. I fluffed them out and stood up grabbing my shoes off the makeup table. I strapped the heels on and practice walking up and down the runway a few times.

'Give me a pout beautiful!' Jeremy cooed. I puffed out my lips and my butt and he laughed.

'Sam, Sam!' The stage director yelled. I looked at him with wide eyes.

'Go get behind Miranda!' He said pushing me in line. The girls and I all chitchated and adjusted ourselves. Hours in the gym, days practicing our walks and stances all came down to this moment. These walks could make or break our careers.

When the lights went down and we heard the hushed voice of the host for tonight everyone straightened up. I stood behind Miranda and in front of Adriana.

'Go get them short stuff,' Adriana said squeezing my hand. The line got shorter and shorter and before I knew it Miranda went.

'Cue Sam.' I took a deep breath and put my game face on. I strutted down the aisle and owned every second I could. The flashing lights didn't phase me. Perks of growing up with One Direction. I saw Harry, Zayn and Niall sitting front row on the side. I shot them a wink before stopping at the end of the runway and striking a simple pose.

The adrenaline was pumping through me as I made it backstage. I met Jeremy's beaming face as he hurried me over passing me my next outfit. I stripped of my bathing suit and put the pale blue lingerie set on in a swift motioned. I changed my shoes into a sparkling silver pair that had ribbons for straps. The straps went halfway up my calf and were tied off with a clean

bow. Adriana tapped my bum telling me it was time to go and I quickly got in front of her. I wiped the stress and chaos off my face before I hit the runway again.

The show was going just how we all planned. It was time for the last look. The look that was going to shock everyone. No make up, no heels. Just a bare face and a bare foot. We were all wearing our signature underwear we got to design for this specific walk. Mine were the palest pink you can find, all lace bikini style underwear bottoms. They had a white bow on the bum with pink polka dots. What can I say? I love my pinks. I pulled the white crop top over my head as Jeremy and I quickly wiped the make up off my face. When there wasn't a trace of make up left I put little bit of lotion on my face and grazed my lips with my EOS Chapstick.

'Get 'em tiger,' he said patting my my shoulder. I gave him a sincere look before getting back to my spot in line. I smiled at how the line had significantly shrunk in height.

Instead of going out one by one we went out in groups of two. Adriana's hand in my own we began to walk. My eyes met Harry's and he was clapping with the smallest smile on his face.

'I love you,' I mouthed. He mouthed it back and I heard Niall cheering loudly. I smiled all the way back to my make up chair.

Everyone was hugging and kissing each other and telling everyone they did a good job. After we all settle back down we got ready for the big dinner party. I wore a black and white vertical striped tube dress with a sweetheart neckline and paired it with a pair of nude colored heels. The back had a cute bow to conceal the zipper, so I tied my hair in a loose low bun and braided my shorter pieces in the front and clipped them into the bun.

'I have a visitor for you!' Rosie grinned dragging Harry with her. I smiled at her, then to my beautiful boy.

'I can't even tell you how proud I am,' he said embracing me.

'Thanks,' I giggled kissing his shoulder.

'I have to finish my make up,' I said sitting back down in my chair. Harry watched me do my makeup as he did most mornings if I did my make up at all.

'I like it when you do that flick,' he said motioning with his hands.

'Flick,' I mimicked him grazing the lipsticks I had to choose from. I went with a peachy nude color.

'Ready?' I asked brushing myself off. He placed his arm around my shoulder letting me know that he was ready. My arm linked around his waist and we followed everyone else out.

We met up with Niall and Zayn in front of the restaurant we were eating at. I engulfed them in hugs and showed them my ring and shed a few tears. It still hurt me that Liam and Louis never came, or bothered to call back. We all sat at the longest table ever and the drinks began to flow. I called my mum to check in on Darcy from time to time.

'What are you ordering love?' Harry asked.

'Just a salad,' I said grazing the menu.

'Of course,' he muttered.

'And let me guess what you're going to eat,' I said closing the menu.

'A bacon and bleu burger cooked medium well,' I said glaring at him.

'Exactly,' he said kissing my nose.

'I've never seen so many salads,' Niall said said shaking his head.

'Hashtag model life,' Zayn chimed in. I grinned. I missed their snide comments.

'Attention! Attention!' A voice said tapping on a glass. I looked up to see Miranda with a million dollar smile.

'I just want to toast to another great VSF,' she said earning claps from everyone.

'I am so proud of everyone. You all looked amazing and did such a great job.' A chorus of Aww's filled the room. Niall's was the loudest.

'I would also like to congratulate Sam and Harry on their recent engagement.' My cheeks flushed with pink as all the attention was turned to us. A mouthed a thank you to Miranda and a sincere smile.

'To love and friendship,' she said holding up her glass. We all clinked glasses together and took a sip. I smiled at Harry and patted his leg. He linked our fingers under the table and we enjoyed the rest of our night with our old and new friends.

*******

I carried the clean load of laundry up the stairs and into Harry and I's bedroom. I cracked open all our doors and windows letting in the California sunshine. I blissfully folded the clothes and put them I'm their appropriate spots. When I finished I stood on the balcony sipping on tea watching Harry and Darcy in the pool. They tried to teach poor Alfie how to swim. The poor dog looked terrified. Harry waved up at me and so did Darcy. My heart warmed up at both of them with an almost goofy smile on my face.

Everything made sense now.

This was my life now.

And it was everything I've ever wanted.