Chapter One: Small Steps.

Sam's Pov:

Nothing beats the smell of freshly applied sunscreen, the salty air and the California sunshine. I could feel the sun changing the color of my skin and I rolled over facing the pool.

'You better stay in the floaty Darcy Anne,' I said sternly watching her try to maneuver her way out of the pink inner-tube.

'Why?' she whined splashing.

'Because you can't stand,' I reminded her for the millionth time. There were pro's and con's of having a swimming pool in your backyard. Lately, I've only seen the con's. She sighed dramatically and continued to float around aimlessly. I tied my hair up in messy bun and dipped my toes in the water.

'Where's Mikey?' she asked spinning around to face me.

'Went to go get K,' answered drawing patterns in the water.

'Did I hear my name?!' Katherine's voice filled my ears. I looked up to see her with open arms as Darcy hurried from the water to engulf her favorite person in the world. She blabbed a mile a minute and Katherine just nodded along pretending to understand and flashing me a smile.

'Let's get dressed and have lunch, yeah?' I said joining them. They both agreed and I took Darce upstairs and she picked out whatever she wanted. I ran a brush through her light hair as she chatted up with Katherine. Katherine is Michael's sister. She's absolutely amazing and a ball full of energy. Everyone needs a Katherine in their life. She's helped me a lot these past years and I can't thank her enough.

I slipped on a penny and a pair of shorts and heading down stairs and to the kitchen.

'What do you guys want?' I asked raiding the pantry.

'Mac and Cheese please,' Darcy sung. I nodded and yawned so tired from last nights episode. The whole tearing of the magazine and trying to get rid of all his clothes I had in a box.

'Ill make this,' K said giving me an apologetic look. I nodded and sat on the stool next to Darcy at the island. I dropped my head to the cool marble counter and groaned. These past few days have been absolutely terrible. First off my breaks are fucked up in my car, Michael has to take it up to the dealership. Looks like I'll be taking a taxi and walking these next few days to wherever I go. The boy I was suppose to marry, the father of my daughter is getting married. And today I had to sign Darce up for kindergarten.

'You make this mac and cheese better then Sam,' Darcy said spooning mouthfuls into her tiny mouth. I rolled my eyes not in the mood to correct her. She knows just was to do to get under my skin, which is call me Sam.

'Im sure your mother makes it just fine,' Katherine said hiding her laugh. I pushed the food around my plate until they were finished.

'Are you ready to go to Grandma and Grandpas?' I asked. She pursed her lips.

'I hate their house,' she crossed her arms.

'Oh stop. Go upstairs and get your bag,' I said shooing her upstairs. Her tiny feet attempted to stomp up the stairs for her dramatic affect.

'Looks like both of you had bitch flakes before I came,' Katherine said. I shot her daggers before cutting up some fruit to put in a lunch box if Darcy got hungry.

'Im pretty sure I kept her up all night,' I said packing a juice box and looking for sandwich meat.

'That bad, huh?' she asked helping me.

'It was pretty bad,' I assured her.

'You ready?' Katherine asked looking at Darcy. She nodded and I handed her, her lunch box.