Chapter Eleven: The Harlet.

-Sam-

'You fucked a married man?!' Katherine hissed loudly through the restaurant. We got strange looks from the old couple next to us, and Darcy giggled. I hushed them both.

'We didn't even kiss or anything, we just went through old pictures and stuff,' I shrugged taking a bite of my salad.

'Is that what the young kids call it these days?' She wiggled her eye brows at me.

'Your so dumb,' I sighed.

'Are you done Darce?' I asked looking over at her plate. She nodded taking a sip of her chocolate milk.

'We will take the check,' Katherine flagged down the waiter. He nodded and headed to go print it.

'So what are we getting from DSW today?' Katherine asked signing off the check.

'Apparently Darcy's shoes aren't play ground appropriate so we need to get her some trainers,' I took my daughters hand following lathering out into the streets.

'Trainers?' she questioned. Silly Americans.

'Running shoes,' I laughed.

'I can't even tie my shoes,' Darcy sighed.

'I can teach you,' I patter her hair.

I blabbed on and on about how ridiculous I thought it was that her shoes weren't play ground appropriate until we found the shoe ware house. Katherine kept making side comments about Harry, and I pinched her multiple times. NOTHING HAPPENED.

'This is like shoe heaven,' I sighed looking at the huge warehouse full of shoes.

'We are here for Darcy,' Katherine patted my shoulder.

'Do you like the sparkly kind?' I asked grabbing a tiny shoe.

'I want converse like Harry,' she said prancing towards the low tops. She had a tendency to call us by our first names. I've given up on correcting her.

'Why do you want them like daddy?' I asked following her.

'Because they are cool, and he's cool,' she said in all seriousness. I laughed as she ran off to Katherine.

I found the children converse and examined the black shoe.

'I think that might be a little too small for you miss,' I turned to see my familiar curly haired friend. A small smirk played upon my lips.

'Are you stalking me?' I asked bending down looking for Darcy's size.

'If I was, what would you say?' I shot my eyes to look up at him.

'I would say its rather creepy,' I slid a box from the shelf.

'Well I'm not stalking you. I was just in the neighbor and in need of a new pair of converse,' he waved his box in front of me.

'Darcy wants converse because you have them,' I said walking by him in search of Katherine and Darce.

'Smart girl,' he said keeping up with me easily.

'Takes after her mother,' I commented. He scoffed, hitting me with the shoe box.

'Harry!' Darcy's eyes widened with surprise as she gripped her dad.

'I hear you want converse, yeah?' he asked scooping her up with one arm.

'Like you,' she grinned.

'Lets try these on,' he took the box from my grip and sat her down at a bench a few aisles away.

'Cute,' Katherine said.