Chapter Twenty Six: It's Over.

-Harry-

I shifted awkwardly on the plastic couch. Squished between Liam and Niall. The tv anchors were getting their make up fixed as the camera man began to countdown. I wove my fingers together, feeling my hands get clammy. This was it.

Every band member wonders what this moment is going to be like. What you're going to wear, what you're going to say and how you are going to feel. This all feels surreal. All of us boys (except Louis) sitting in front of a live audience about to announce the break up. I scanned the crowd and saw people patiently waiting to see what this was about. I saw a section where all our fans sat wearing 1D merchandise. Some were crying because they already knew. I looked away as my stomach dropped. I feel as though I have failed them. I see Danielle and Perrie. My mum, sister and Robin. I saw Niall's parents. Maura and Bobby, Maura was a reck just as Niall was. Andy Samuels and Maz sat behind Zayn's sisters. Then I saw my Sam and my Darcy. She gave me a weak smile, but I just couldn't return the favor. Darcy waved at me. She didn't understand what was going on.

I looked at the three boys on the couch next to me. Zayn was staring at his feet. Fixing a tare in the carpet with his shoes. Liam had his hand to his face, I could see him reciting what he would say when we were asked the big question. Niall was holding back tears. He bit down hard on his lip with his brow in a hard line.

'In 5,' the camera man said. Everyone straightened up and the crowd hushed.

'4.'

'3.'

'2.'

'1.'

'Hello! As you can see we are with 1/4 of the worlds biggest boy band,' the woman said.

'Now boys,' she began turning to face us.

'Can you tell me why there are only 4 of you? Where is Louis Tomlinson? Can you tell us Harry?' I froze. This wasn't part of the plan. She was only suppose to ask Liam.

'Erm...' I began.

'He's going through a tough time in his life. He needed a break from all this,' I said.

'I can only imagine how hard it is to not have any privacy at all. I mean you guys have been going at this for what? Seven years?'

'Yes. And it's really hard,' Liam said. She nodded and put on a sympathetic look.

'So boys. Tell everyone why you are here...'

'Well...' Liam said.

'With Louis's decision about leaving the band...we've decided that we just can't go on without him.' I heard a couple gasps from the crowd. One shriek even. I looked down at the floor as my stomach began to churn. I can't believe it's over.

***

It was late when I got to Sam's place. The media session at the end took forever. People bombarded us with questions. Why are you make such a rash decision? Who is going solo? Will you ever go back together? What about the album? The up coming tour? Did you even think about your fans?

I went to Darcy's room to give her a kiss goodnight, but she wasn't in her bed. I went on to Sam's room to only find Sam in bed. I kicked off my shoes, removed my shirt and took off my pants. I rolled in bed and rubbed Sam's back. She let out a sigh before turning over.

'Where's Darcy?' I asked.

'With your mum,' she said searching my face for answers.

'It's really over,' I said quietly.

'Shhh,' she said caressing my face.

'What do I do now?' I asked barely above a whisper.

'I don't know,' she answered truthfully.

'I want to get away.'

'What do you mean?' She asked.

'Away from everyone. All the bullshit. The media, the press, the boys...everyone.'

'You're just upset,' she said.

'No I'm not,' I sat up. She sat up too looking at me.

'Where do you want to go?' She asked looking at her hands.

'Somewhere no one knows my name.' She let out a sigh.

'Ill go with you,' she finally said.

'You don't have a choice,' I cracked a small smile. She returned the smile.

'Harry?' She asked picking up my hand.

'Hmmm?'

'Can you kiss me? You haven't kissed me in like five days,' she said slightly embarrassed. Without hesitation I forcefully brought her lips to mine. I parted her lips with my own and I felt her body tense up beneath me. My fingers knotted in her hair, tugging on the ends.

'Sorry we haven't had much time together,' I mumbled against her neck.

'Its okay,' she said softly.

'Darcy's not here,' I said pulling back to see her face.

'Y-yeah,' she stuttered.

'Sam,' I said smirk playing upon my face.

'Do I make you nervous?' I asked raising my brows.

'N-no,' she shook her head.

'I do,' I said locking eyes with her. She pushed me off her.

'No you don't,' she rolled over and crossed her arms. I grinned. I placed my lips to the back of her ear.

'Sam,' I whispered. She ignored me.

'Sam,' I whispered again gliding my hand up her arm. I felt goosebumps trigger her skin.

'Sami,' I whispered.

'Go to sleep,' she said.

'Sam,' I said feeling my way up her shirt. She pulled my hand away. I smirked again.

'Such a prude,' I muttered rolling over.

'Excuse me?' She sat up. I pulled the covers over my head hiding my smile. She always fell right into my trap.

'You heard me,' I said. She tossed the covers off the bed and pulled me over.

'Say it too my face, Styles,' she said. I smiled and so did she.

'I love you,' I said cheekily. She straddled across my waist and I placed my hands tightly on her bum. She lowered herself down, all her hair falling to one side of her body. She placed the softest kiss to my lips, so soft I wasn't sure if it actually happened. She kissed all the way down to my neck, then back up to my ear.

'Make love to me Harry Styles,' she barely spoke.

And, so I did.