13. Surprise!

"Are they ready yet?" Sebastian is leaning over the potting table, examining the strawberries with narrowed eyes.

"You tell me, your family has the farm." I say over my shoulder, gathering the books Sebastian and I were using to study.

I'm aiming for Exceptional on my O.W.L.s but with Sebastian studying with me, his odds of getting good marks too are radically improving. Even if he calls me a 'taskmaster' and keep on him from getting distracted.

With a flap of their covers they fly back up into the shelves and slide themselves back into place. I've practically built my own personal library at this point and I'm not looking forward to moving all this out once I graduate.

The room has definitely remained untidy for quite some time since I told Deek he needn't hang around here day and night, just waiting for instructions.

Deek seemed relieved and was more than glad to spend his time down in the kitchens, across the grounds, or in Professor Weasly's office.

But I'm afraid to admit I did absolutely nothing to clean after myself, save for the enchanted broom that does more harm than good, always knocking into things and getting stuck around chairs.

"You're the herbology expert now." Sebastian corrects and pokes a finger into the bright red fruit. "I've never actually grown anything like this. Just cabbage and other boring things."

I stride over to the table and lean forward, examining the red strawberries for myself.

The enchanted fertilizer has made them grow at least twice the size of regular strawberries and their color is a brilliant red, not a spot of white or spoil.

Sebastian comes up behind me, bracketing me with his arms and leaning forward on me, a little more of his weight on my back than necessary.

I start to object but he says. "Excuse me, just trying to get a good look." He says innocuously, leaning forward even more excessively. "Don't mind me."

"Oh, of course." Laughing, I have to push up against him in order to keep myself from tipping into the soil. "Take your time." I grunt.

"We should taste them first, make sure they're not disgusting." His face is next to mine and I can see the snarky little smile spread across his face.

"Fine. But if they're poisoned, you should go first." I bob my eyebrows.

Sebastian considers this a moment as if he's pretending to weigh the options. "Very well. It was nice knowing you. Tell the kids I love them." He chides and plucks a berry from the stem.

Sebastian blows it off with a quick huff then pops the end of it in his mouth.

As if I'm watching in slow motion, his lips close around the fruit and I watch as his jaw muscle flexes. Sucking in the juice gently as he bites down, he lets out a deep 'mmm' as he chews.

Something in my chest tightens and I think about seeing his face that way. Not that I'm keeping score, but I've yet to see him in the unraveled mess he's left me in twice now. And the way his eyes flutter closed and the sensual smile that stretches his pouty lips, makes me ache to see him in that way with me.

I clear my throat in an attempt to clear my head. "Well, they're ready, so let's get them and head down to the kitchens."

"Here." He holds out the strawberry to me, his eyes fixated on my mouth as I take a bite and chew. I can't help but make the same reaction sound. They're undoubtedly the best strawberries I've ever had and I wonder if I want to give them all to Ominis.

Sebastian reaches out, wiping a drop of juice from the corner of my mouth with his thumb.

It's a sweet gesture and a little misbehaving idea rings in my head. Twisting my face just slightly, I open my mouth and slide his thumb inside.