Surrender Benson

A/N Welcome to the first chapter of the new book!

This is an SVU episode that I am including for obvious reasons. If you have not seen it yet I suggest you do so before reading on.

For those of you who already have, please relax and enjoy the read.

~Princess <3

"The neighbors told me they hadn't seen her all day. I thought you guys were just working another case but then I saw the newspapers on the floor." Ana sniffled as she stared, wide eyed, at what was left of her mother's apartment.

"Hey, you did the right thing by calling me the second you knew something was off." Fin assured, manuevering around a toppled chair and placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"We'll find her." Amanda promised.

Donald walked in before anything else could be said.

"It's him. It's Lewis." He muttered, scanning over all the carnage.

"Yeah, he tied her up. He duct-taped her mouth. Her hair, her blood. . . Captain, i- it's everywhere." The blonde sighed.

"Lewis?" Ana repeated in question, her voice coming out uncharacteristically small.

"We'll explain later." Donald replied, softly.

The brunette nodded, looking over just as Nick appeared in the doorway to Olivia's bedroom.

"He might have taken her down the fire escape. The window's open. Her bedding's gone." The dark haired Detective explained.

"Any sign of her cell?" The Captain inquired.

"No, it's not in the apartment, but Taru's tracking it." Amanda shook her head.

"Canvass the building, the neighborhood. Check all surveillance cams." Donald instructed, moving over to where Fin was now standing in the kitchen area.

"There's a pan on the stove with keys. It smells like burnt hair or flesh." He observed.

"Son of a bitch." The older man swore.

Ana let out a small sob, covering her mouth and nose. She did not want to know what her own mother's burned skin smelled like. The brunette closed her eyes just as a familar presence appeared behind her.

"Munchkin." John greeted in his usual bored drawl.

"Munchie." The firefighter sighed in relief and turned, buring her face into his suit.

She inhaled, deeply, happy to smell his cheap cologne for once as opposed to the alternative.

"Again with the 'Munchie?' I thought you would've grown out of that accursed nickname by now."  John groaned, gently carding a hand through her hair despite the annoyance clearly present in his voice.

"Are you ever gonna stop calling me, Munchkin?" Ana shot back with a small smile on her face.

"Not until I'm lying in a casket." He retorted, dryly.

"Then Munchie stays." She chuckled, tears no longer falling down her face.

Donald and Fin just ignored them for the most part but the younger Detectives watched on in intrest, having never seen the two interact yet before. They quickly caught on to what John was doing and were shocked at how easily he was able to distract the poor woman from what was happening around her.

"A detective has been kidnapped. You bag everything." Donald suddenly ordered, turning to a nearby crime scene technician. "I gotta call 1PP." He pulled out his phone and glanced over at Nick. "You find him."