No Regrets

*In the Briefing Room: At Firehouse 51*

". . .So you had a sister for 21 years and Benny never told you?" Ana asked in disbelief.

"Claims he didn't know." Kelly muttered, staring at the floor.

"Wow." The brunette breathed out in shock.

She went to say something else but fell silent instead when Chief entered.

"Hey." He greeted, shutting the door and moving into the center of the room. "Our house has been under the microscope lately. Everyone in this room has handled the various intrusions like the professionals I know you to be, and that is why 51 is still going strong. It's your commitment to the house that allows me in good conscience to announce my retirement from the CFD." The older man revealed, sincerely. "It's been an honor to serve with every single one of you."

"Chief. . ." Joe trailed off, not knowing what to say.

And, of course, the bell had to go off right at that very moment.

"Let's go to work." Chief commanded.

"Engine 51, Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, Battalion 25. Railroad incident. South Homan and 75th."

*A Few Minutes Later*

As Squad 3 rolled onto the scene right behind Truck 81, they were instantly greeted by the sight of a derailed train and the front half of it was buried inside of a nearby warehouse.

"Chief, I'm seeing multiple commuter cars derailed, at least a hundred fleeing passengers and several fires, including cars and a building." Matt radioed a few seconds later.

"Yeah, we're gonna need more alarms, Chief." Ana added in agreement.

She hopped out of the truck the second it came to a complete stop and immediately made her way over to the older man's side, knowing he was going to need her help now more than ever.

"25 to Main. We got multiple commuter trains derailed and at least a hundred victims. I need a 2-11 alarm and an E.M.S. plan 2, the rail corridor on 75th." Chief requested, urgently.

"Kelly, wanna take the passenger car?" The Captain inquired.

"Yeah, we're on it." He assured, rushing off with their crew right behind.

"Recon the tanker and get a handle on the car fires." Matt ordered.

"Copy that." Herrmann nodded.

"Shay, Dawson." Chief called, moving to activate his radio again when the two women suddenly appeared right in front of him.

"Here, Chief." Leslie replied.

"Set up triage. Call it as you see it." He instructed.

"You got it." The blonde gave a short nod and raced off with her partner.

The two CO's shared a quick look before turning just in time to see a man helping another man away from the building.

"That thing just plowed right into us." He panted out.

"Come with me." The older man gestured, placing an arm around their shoulders once they were close enough.

"There's more guys in the warehouse!" The man cried out as Chief started guiding them towards the paramedics.

"Check the cars for victims. We have more people in the warehouse." Ana relayed the information to everyone else via her radio.

"Liquid propane, Captain. Liquid propane, Chief!" Peter suddenly yelled, urgently.