Shoved in My Face

*One Month Later: On the Apparatus Floor at Firehouse 51*

Everyone was gathered around to celebrate the return of Lieutenant Matt Casey as well as the news that he and Gabby were now an item.

"Yeah! I called it! I called it! Did I not call it?" Herrmann laughed.

"No." Otis shook his head.

"Oh, yeah, I told Cindy. But, hey, I called it! I knew you two were meant for each other." He smiled.

"Me too! Randy McHolland. I knew you guys were gonna be turtledoves one day." Mouch agreed.

"It all worked out. Thanks, guys." Matt nodded.

"Happy for you." Kelly grinned, walking up and placing a hand on Gabby's shoulder.

"Oh, hey. I'm gonna be in your rescue class tomorrow." She revealed.

"I saw that." He smirked.

"And I know that we're friends, but don't give me any special treatment, all right?" The PIC teased

"Don't worry." He chuckled, walking off.

"Uh, call you later." Matt murmured, having caught sight of his best friend standing a few feet away.

She was staring at him with an unreadble expression and it slowly morphed into one of relief as he got closer.

"If you ever scare me like that again, Matthew Casey, I'll kill you myself." Ana hissed, halfheartedly, before throwing her arms around him in a tight hug.

It was an action she taken multiple times over the last six weeks and the blond did not mind it one bit.

"I know and I'm sorry." He apologized, quietly, rubbing her back in comfort.

The brunette just buried her face into his shoulder in response.

*Inside the Briefing Room: A Little While Later*

The firefighters stationed at 51 were currently watching and cheering on the play-fighting match between Leslie and Tony. It was broken up quickly, however, when Chief walked in.

"Okay, I have just heard from CPD. Clarke is out on bond." He revealed. "He'll remain on suspension until further notice."

"That's crazy if he did it." Herrmann pointed out.

"If?" Otis scoffed. The round came from his gun."

"The bullets came from a type of gun that Clarke owns. Get your facts straight." Kelly corrected with a glare.

"Oh, I stand corrected." The elevator man rolled his eyes.

"Enough. Clarke comes in this house for any reason, he is innocent until proven guilty. We treat him like a brother." Chief decided, firmly.

"He's not gonna come by. I already talked to him." Peter spoke up. "He doesn't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable."

"Then moving on. . . I'd like you all to give a nice warm welcome to our new paramedic in charge, Ms. Allison Rafferty." The older man introduced, gesturing to an unfamiliar woman standing in the back.

"Hey, guys." She smiled as everyone started clapping.

"Hey!" They all chorused.

"I look forward to working with you all." The woman nodded.

"Hey, welcome aboard, kid. Where you from?" Herrmann wondered as the applause died down. "Tell us about yourself."

"Well, I was over at 24 before I came here, but I've been in Chicag-"