A Nuisance Call

*At the New Apartment*

"I want to know why arson investigation is wasting their time checking Hadley's alibis. He uses timing devices. He could set a fire downtown and be in Skokie before the first bell." Kelly muttered, gazing at his father from where he was seated at a table.

"He craves attention. That's what this is about." Benny explained, walking over from the coffee pot. "If he thinks nobody's watching maybe that'll throw him off his game and he could get sloppy."

"So sit around and wait for him to start another fire?" The Lieutenant scoffed.

"It seems like provoking him is the complete opposite of what they should do." Ana reasoned, gently, snatching her husband's coffee mug and taking a sip from it.

"Whatever. This is. . ." The younger man trailed off and shook his head in disbelief.

"Wallace really screwed the pooch on this, huh? How do you let a guy like Hadley just-"

"Benny, no one could've seen this coming." The Captain pointed out, immediately jumping to her Chief's defense.

"Yeah, it's only you and the Fire Marshall's office that seemed to think he had a red flag pinned to his chest." Kelly nodded in agreement.

Leslie appeared at the bottom of the stairs before the elder Severide could respond.

"Can I borrow you guys for a sec? Hey, Benny." She waved, guiding the couple over to a wall that had a Battlestar Galactica poster hung up on it. "Please tell me we're not making a huge mistake here."

As if on cue, a certain elevator man walked through the front door with a box in hand.

"What's up, roomies?" He grinned while using his left foot to keep the door from closing on him.

"What's up, Otis?" Ana smiled back.

"Hey, do you need a hand?" Kelly offered.

"Oh, no. My brother's unloading the u-haul outside. He's fine." Otis assured, placing the box down by the windows and holding a hand out towards Kelly. "What's up, brah?" They did a cool handshake that morphed into a one armed hug. "Hey, pals."

"Hey." Leslie greeted, high fiving him when he held his hand up for one.

The elevator man did the same thing with Ana before releasing a breath and gazing around his new home.

"Oh, man. How awesome is this, huh?" His eyes suddenly landed on the poster. "Oh, uh, you know, I figured there's three walls. Shay and I each get one and you two can share the third."

"I love it." Kelly smirked, earning himself a glare from his best friend.

"I knew you would!" Otis laughed.

"I don't care where you put your stuff as long as you don't mess with my books." Ana warned, moving to retrieve one of the objects from where she had left it on the table.

"Yep. Copy that, Captain. Books are off limits." The elevator man nodded.

*In the Bathroom At Firehouse 51: Sometime During Shift*

Kelly and Ana rushed inside to check on Leslie after she and Gabby had returned from an extremely gruesome call. Their patient had commited suicide by shooting himself in the head right in from them. The couple found the blonde at one of the sinks, washing her hands a little too aggressively for their liking.

"Hey." The paramedic greeted, having caught their reflection in the mirror.

"You okay?" The Lieutenant inquired, softly, as he came up beside her.