One More Shot

*At Firehouse 51: In The Common Room*

"New union bylaws?" Peter guessed as Mouch started handing out papers to everyone in the vicinity.

"No, this is a list of the items that will be available at my yard sale this Saturday." He corrected. "Deals aplenty."

"What is a makiyakinabe?" Capp inquired, pronouncing the foreign word slowly.

"A rectangular pan, used for cooking Japanese omelets, in good to egg-celent condition." Mouch quipped, getting a few chuckles for his efforts.

One came from the Captain currently seated at the far end of the long table.

"I will gladly take that off your hands." Ana smiled.

Her husband walked in before he could reply.

"Hey, everybody, this is Rick Newhouse." Kelly introduced, gesturing behind him at the new guy who was a bit darker skinned than Peter. "He'll be joining us on Squad to replace Clarke."

"Good to meet you guys." He nodded while shaking a few hands.

"Hey, Newhouse. Where you from?" Joe inquired as he rushed over.

"Last job was Squad 6, south side. But I'm real happy to be here. Heard some great things about this crew." Rick explained.

"Welcome." The Truck Driver smiled.

The New Guy gazed, silently, around the room until his eyes fell on Ana's small figure.

"Captain Benson." He called, making the two Lieutenants turn to watch him carefully. "Your husband's told me a lot about you and he's already brought me up to speed on how things usually work around you. I just wanted to say that I completely understand and I will do my very best to not cross any lines. It is not my intention to make anyone feel uncomfortable. I'm just here to do my job and, hopefully, do it well."

Rick walked off towards the Locker Rooms without waiting a response, having already known he wasn't going to get one anyway. The brunette looked up at Kelly with wide eyes and he just gave her a shrug in return.

*A Little While Later*

"You want me to talk to Devon? I have plenty to say." Kelly offered as a distraught Leslie Shay came storming back into the Firehouse after exchanging a few words with her hoodlum ex who had shown up out of nowhere.

"And I would be happy to have my Dad come down here and give her the full Voight treatment." Ana muttered with a dark glare.

"No, I got it." The blonde sighed, pulling out her phone.

She started dialing the first two digits of "911" before hesitating and letting out breath. The couple shared a quick look and followed after the paramedic as she stormed back outside.

"I don't blame you for being furious, and if you call the cops-"

"Look, you're gonna pay me and my roommates back every dime you stole." Leslie cut Devon off, firmly.

"I can get you back some of the stuff, and I'll pay what I can. There's no excuse for what I did, Les." She admitted.

"You need to return what you stole, Devon." The blonde ground out.

The hoodlum glanced over her ex's shoulder at Kelly and Ana before lowering her voice.

"Can we meet up later and talk?" She wondered.

"When you have something to return." The paramedic snapped, turning and walking back towards the two firefighters.

"Okay, that's fair." Devon murmured.