A Rocket Blasting Off

*At the 21st Police District*

Ana marched up the stairs that led to the second floor and was immediately greeted by the sight of Erin, who had begun making her way over upon hearing the sound of the gate slamming down below. Judging by the look on her face, the Captain wasn't the person she expected to see.

"Where's Kelly?" The Detective inquired, stopping in her tracks and putting her hands on her hips.

"Where's my Dad?" The firefighter asked instead, ignoring the question about her husband's whereabouts entirely.

As if on cue, the door to the Office at the other end of the Bullpen opened and Hank stepped out.

"Hey, Pumpkin." He greeted, gently, slipping his hands into his pockets.

"Kelly was with me at our place on the night Vince Keeler went missing." Ana proclaimed, making her way over to him and getting straight to the point. "And, no, Shay can't vouch for that. She was out with some friends."

"A woman providing an alibi for her lover? Where have I heard that one before?" Erin scoffed, crossing her arms.

"In case you forgot, he's not just my lover." The Captain glared at her, harshly. "He's my husband.'"

"I rest my case." The Detective rolled her eyes.

"I believe you." Hank finally spoke up in the soft voice he usually reserved only for her.

"You can't be serious." Erin stared at the Sergeant as if he had just magically grown another head but her eyes suddenly narrowed in accusation as she quickly pieced together what this was all about. "It's because she's your daughter isn't it?"

"Erin." He warned, expressioning hardening as his gaze switched over to the other woman. "You of all people should know that Ana never lies."

"But-"

"But nothing. Kelly Severide is off limits. End of discussion." Hank cut her off with a tone of finality to his voice.

The Detective just let out a low growl and stormed off into the Interrogation Area while Ana turned back to her father.

"Thanks, Daddy." She smiled, widely, wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug.

"Of course, Pumpkin." He murmured, returning the embrace tenfold. "All I've ever wanted is for you to be happy."

*At Firehouse 51: A Little While Later*

Ana walked onto the Apparatus Floor and over to the Squad Table. She nodded for Kelly, Capp, and Jeff to follow her and they all made their way into the Turnout Room before the Captain finally spoke.

"Has anyone from CPD talked to you at all?" She inquired, looking mainly at the two Squad members.

"No." The bald man replied

"No." The former marine shook his head.

"The whole Keeler thing? You guys never had that conversation and you can't talk about it again. For all our sakes." The brunette warned, quietly.

"Okay." The Lieutenant nodded, softly.

Ana let out a small breath of relief when the other two men silently agreed and she walked back outside before actually making her way into the Firehouse.

"Hey, Captain Benson!" Otis called, racing to catch up with her. "Were you just over at the District?'

"Yeah, I was actually." She smiled in reply.

"Something happening with the Keeler case? Did he turn up?" The elevator man wondered.

"Not that I heard." The brunette shook her head.