Tonight's the Night

An inebriated driver crashed into a telephone pole which took out a transformer and caused a blackout in the entire area. Naturally, Chief offered up the Firehouse as a safe haven for those looking to get out of the freezing cold Chicago weather. However, upon returning to 51, he noticed something was wrong with the furnace and Matt and Kelly offered to take a look.

"Hey, the damn pilot went out, and, every time I relight it, the whole system shuts off." The Squad Lieutenant explained as the blond walked in with his toolbox.

"All right. Let me take a look." He set the red container on the ground and pulled a flashlight out of it before standing back up. "Hmm. Well, the couple is loose. Hand me a, um, thing."

"What? A what?" Kelly inquired, frowning at the other man in slight concern.

"The metal thingy. Yeah." Matt muttered under his breath.

The Squad Lieutenant crouched down and began sifting through some of the tools.

"Screwdriver? Wrench?" He supplied.

"Crescent wrench. Yeah." The blond nodded as he was handed the requested item. "Thank you."

"You talked to Dawson?" Kelly wondered while standing back up.

"About?" Matt responded with a question of his own.

"Your memory problem." The Squad Lieutenant pointed out a "duh" tone.

"I told you. I'm getting better." The blond assured.

"Doesn't look like it from here." Kelly retorted. "You need to talk to someone. If you're uncomfortable with Dawson because you two are dating-"

"No offense, but the last thing I want from you is relationship advice." Matt shot the other man a glare.

"I'm not talking about your relationship." The Squad Lieutenant argued. "I'm talking about your head.'

"There we go." Luckily for the blond, he happened to fix the furnace at that very moment and turned it on. "Yep. Ta-da. Thanks for the help."

"Yeah, no problem." Kelly muttered. "And by the way, Ana's plane landed ten minutes ago. She'll be here in a few hours."

The Squad Lieutenant left the room, leaving the blond by himself to think about the deal they had made.

*A Little While Later*

Ana had been making her way onto the Apparatus Floor when she suddenly spotted the last person she ever wanted to see at her Firehouse.

"Lindsay." The brunette greeted a neutral voice after catching up with her.

"Benson." Erin replied in the same tone. "This isn't gonna be a problem is it?"

"It shouldn't be." The firefighter shook her head. "As long as you're actually here on offical business."

"I am." The Detective nodded.

"Well, in that case, this way to Chief Boden's Office." Ana let out a small breath and took a left once they were actually inside the Firehouse.

Erin followed her down the hallways and through the Bullpen. They entered the smaller room, finding the man they were looking for as well as the two Lieutenants waiting for them. The Captain greeted her husband with a kiss, best friend with a hug, and Battalion Chief with a warm nod before letting the Detective have the floor.

"It's a madhouse out there. Trust me. We're calling in every off-duty officer we've got. The looting two blocks from here is out of control." Erin explained, grimly.