Virgin Skin

*Outside of the 21st Police District*

Kelly and Ana had just hopped out of their car when they spotted none other than Vince Keeler walking out of the building.

"Hey, Kelly Severide." He smirked.

The Lieutenant immediately pushed his wife behind him protectively and charged at the other man.

"Where's Katie?" He growled.

"Who?" Vince played dumb which only served to piss Kelly off even further.

"Where is she? Where- Where- Hey!" The firefighter grabbed the other man's jacket and shoved him against the railing on the stairs. "Where the Hell is she? I know you know something."

"Kelly!" Ana yelled at the same time Erin ran outside to investigate the commotion.

"Huh? Where is she?!" He snarled.

"Come on, let him go!" The Detective urged, trying to get in between the two while the Captain wrapped her arms around her husband from behind.

"WHERE'S MY SISTER?!" The Lieutenant shouted.

Ana flinched and let out a shaky breath but her grip only got tighter.

"Kelly, he's not worth it." She reasoned, gently.

"Come on." Erin murmured, pulling them apart when the Lieutenant finally let go.

"Relax." Vince smiled, smugly, as he strut by.

"She's been missing a day and a half, Erin. What the Hell is that guy doing walking around free?" Kelly hissed.

"I know. Come here." She nodded, moving the couple closer to the wall and looking around before continuing. "Look, you didn't hear this from me, but we're tracking his phone, his car, every move that's gonna lead us to Katie. If you push, he pushes back, and we never see her again."

The Lieutenant just looked up and glared at Vince as he drove by.

*Inside Chief's Office: At Firehouse 51*

"CPD's on to something, but until Katie's found, I'd like-"

"Not another word." The older man interrupted Kelly, gently. "You two do what you got to do. Clarke has this under control."

"Actually, I'd like you to stay here too." The Lieutenant gazed down at his wife, softly.

"Are you sure?" Ana wondered, quietly.

"Yeah. At the very least I know you'll be safe." He nodded.

The brunette just smiled up at him response, knowing what this was really all about. Kelly didn't want to risk Vince taking her too.

"Kelly. We're gonna get her back." Chief assured, firmly.

The Lieutenant just glanced at the floor before quickly pecking the Captain on the lips and leaving the small room.

*In the Briefing Room: Sometime During Next Shift*

"We are all relieved that Katie is safe, but this Keeler, long as he's out there, we need to stay vigilant, so be aware of your surroundings." Chief warned.

As if on cue, the bell went off.

"Ambulance 61, person in distress, 2200 West Franklin."

Allison and Leslie raced out of the room while Ana slowly gazed up at her husband. Kelly had been the one to discover Katie's location and give it to Erin after all.

"Hey, you okay?" She wondered.

The Lieutenant looked down and wound an arm around her, pulling her even closer to his side.

"I am now." He smiled.

*On the Apparatus Floor: A Little While Later*

Ana and Kelly were messing with some tools over by their rig when Matt suddenly walked up to them.

"Hey, just wanted to say how happy I am Katie's okay." He murmured.

"Yeah." The Squad Lieutenant nodded.

The blond, getting the feeling he didn't really want to talk about it, decided to change the subject.

"Say, um, Gabby said she's been struggling with the timed test." Matt began.

"Didn't you at some point or another?" Kelly inquired.

"No, I set the course record." The blond smirked.

"Actually, I'm pretty sure that was Kelly." Ana teased.

"Yeah, yeah, right." Matt scoffed, playfully glaring at his best friend.

"No, she's- she's holding her own. You'd be proud." The Squad Lieutenant assured.

"All right, good." The blond nodded.

The trio fell into a small lapse of silence which the Captain broke a few seconds later.

"How you feeling, by the way?" She wondered.

"Doc said I'm 100%." He replied

"Good." Ana smiled, getting two more in return.

And, of course, the dreaded bell had to choose that exact moment to go off.

"Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61."

*Time Skip Brought to You By the Rescue Going Exactly As It Does in the Episode*

It was nighttime at Molly's as all the firefighters from 51 stood clapping and cheering for one Christopher Herrmann, the man having just revealed that he passed his Lieutenant's exam. A test not many, if none, knew he was taking to begin with.

Ana had just given the older man a big hug of her own when she suddenly turned to look at her husband and found him frowning down at his phone. The brunette's own eyebrows scrunched together in worry as she walked over.

"What's wrong?" The Captain wondered.

Kelly merely showed her the screen. An incoming call was flashing on it and the caller ID read "Lindsay." Ana immediately chugged down the rest of her beer before following the Squad Lieutenant outside.

*Back at the 21st Police District*

The couple were immediately lead upstairs and into the Observation Room where Erin was waiting for them. On the other end of the one-way mirror, seated at a table inside of the Interrogation Room, was none other than Vince Keeler himself.

"Kelly, listen, I don't know the whole story, but Keeler's got a hook in somebody higher up the food chain." The Detective sighed, quietly.

"So what?" The Lieutenant wondered.

"So they're telling us to cut him loose." Erin revealed with crossed arms.

"What?" Ana asked in disbelief.

"Tell them they can go to Hell." Kelly spat, angrily.

"I did." The Detective nodded. "But he's still walking.

"Lindsay, we all know what's gonnna happen if Daddy gets involved." The Captain pointed out, grimly. "You better do something."

"Or I will." Kelly promised, darkly.

He turned on his heel and stormed out of the room. Ana gave Erin one last long, semi-pleading look before following after her husband.

A/N I hope you all enjoyed! Till Monday.

~Princess <3