Nine.

°• ♡°• ♡°• ♡°• ♡

She tightened her arms around his neck. ''It's the alcohol on your mouth. I want to kiss you, but I can't risk anything. I'm sorry.''

''I'll wait for you.''

-

Anisa, Phoebe and Justine sat in the café garden, drinking coffee and talking about the party. Phoebe and Anisa had left at around 4am, whilst Justine had stayed over at Chunkz' place with Sharky. All three girls were wearing sunglasses, despite only Justine being hungover, and they all continued to talk about the evening.

''I wish we stayed at Chunkz'. An Uber at 4am is so expensive here.'' Anisa mumbled.

Justine laughed. ''But you had a good time, right?''

''The best.'' she smiled lightly. 

Anisa hadn't expected to have such a good time. She knew she was surrounded with her friends, but this was the first party she had attended sober. She'd been invited out with Phoebe before, but she always said no, afraid she would be called boring for not drinking. 

She knew that would never happen with this new group of friends.

''What happened with Kenny?'' 

Anisa stopped daydreaming and looked to her two friends, both of who had smirks on their faces. 

''Nothing.''

''You both looked pretty happy when I saw you.'' Phoebe sang sarcastically.

Anisa rolled her eyes. ''Nothing happened except a few terrible dance moves and a slow dance.''

''He didn't kiss you?'' Justine asked, and then shrugged lightly. ''I thought he would've.''

She hesitated. ''He tried to.'' 

''You rejected him again?! You're horrible, Anisa August!'' Phoebe laughed, shoving her friend gently.

''He was drunk! I didn't want to taste the alcohol.'' she shrugged simply.

''You don't drink, Nis? Were you a party animal back in your day?'' Justine teased.

''Something like that.'' she mumbled. ''Anyway, I didn't want to kiss him when he was drunk.''

''What did he say when you rejected him?'' Phoebe asked.

''He said he'll wait for me.'' Anisa blushed.

''He's so in love with you, Nisa.'' Phoebe laughed.

''Shut up! No, he's not!''

The blonde girl looked to her friend. ''Justine?''

''Anisa Ojuederie has a nice ring to it, don't you think?'' 

''I think Anisa August is better.'' Anisa replied, but she was only joking.

''Are you seeing him today?''

She nodded. ''Yeah. He's going to pick me up in about an hour.''

''Where are you going?''

''Ken said it's a surprise.''

Phoebe and Justine shared a knowing look. Kenny was completely head over heels for Anisa and, judging by the smile on her face and red colour covering her cheeks, she was head over heels for him.

-