cayendo.

——

🎵:Cayendo - Frank Ocean

"What do you mean you're up and leaving? Damien are you out of your mind?! So you're just gonna leave Adrian with no father." Kiara slightly yelled trying not to wake a sleeping Adrian on her couch.

"Don't give me no shit Kie, you knew I wasn't ready for a child. I'm done. Adrian loves you more than me anyway." He waves her off.

Kiara's eyes widened, She couldn't believe what she was hearing. The father of her sister's child was always immature to her but she would've never believed in a million years he'd leave for another life with someone else. "Are you kidding? That's because of you! Because you leave her with me instead of being an actual fucking father and being with her! She's 6 Damien! 6! She lost Audrey who was one of the most amazing people I looked up to and loved...She now has to always think about where her mother is and now she has no support from her father who's supposed to be there for her, you want her to always wonder where her father is for the rest of her life."

"Don't Kiara! You don't think Audrey's death impacted me either? I have to live with that shit and I cant live when I look at Adrian...She looks just like her." He cried.

Kiara shook her head not believing a thing that came out his mouth considering of what he was doing right now. "You didn't even give a fuck about her either when she was alive! Where did you go on nights she was in pain during her pregnancy? Cheating! And you had the fucking nerve to come onto me. You're sick you know that." She recalled putting her finger in his face.

He however was speechless, looking down he couldn't even look in the mirror properly now. The regret and disappointment he should be feeling was washing over him as he realized what he has done to himself and family. He just needed to leave, to save everyone trouble.

"I cant fucking do this. Bye Kiara." He mumbled wiping his face before making his way to leave the house.

"You're not even going to say goodbye to Adrian?"

He stops his tracks at the door. "She's better off never seeing me. Tell her I love her.."

Kiara's throat starts to swell as she holds in her cries. She was trying so hard to be strong but she couldn't believe this was happening to Adrian. "If you leave don't ever come back." She says dryly.

There was silence in the home for a moment before Damien unlocks the door and leaves. The door slamming after making Kiara burst into small tears.

Turing to leave to the hallway of her home to check on her niece she stops seeing her stand in the hall with her teddy bear she's had since birth along with her fleece baby pink blanket. Kiara gets startled stepping back and quickly wipes her face. "Hey babe, why are you up you can't sleep?"  She picks up Adrian, putting the small girl on her hip.

"I heard screaming..why are you crying mommy?" She asked sweetly rubbing her eye yet concerned for her aunt. No matter how many times Kiara told her that she wasn't her mother, she still yet called her "mom".

Kiara smiles looking at her beautiful niece. Every time she looks at her, all she could see was her eldest sister, Audrey.

She always looked up to her older sister as she became her mother figure in her life. So when she passed, it was so hard on her. She misses her sister a lot but now when she sees Adrian, she wants to raise her to do great, protect and love her at all cost, and she was going to do that since she lost both parents unfortunately.