serendipity.

serendipity -
good luck in finding valuable things, unintentionally

——
🎵: 20 something - SZA
ADRIAN

Downtown Los Angeles, California 📍

Tears begin to fall with her vision being blurry as she walks into her home and slam the door shut. She couldn't believed what just happened. She thought she was dreaming but no matter how many times she pinched herself, she was in reality.

10 years. 10 years since she saw him and 10 years since she's last seen him. She didn't know how to react.

Especially since how they left each other, it was pretty bad. A major blow up to where she now shut herself off to any man after that. He was her first love and thought about him more than anything.

Even had nightmares and dreams, the same reoccurring ones that told her it was her fault, that everything that went wrong with him was her fault. He was a sweet and innocent kid that didn't get in trouble.

Also ones that told her why she left him, why she stopped visiting. She would had countless sleepless nights and would go be with Naomi and had to she a therapist for it for a few years.

But seeing him again made her wounds reopen.

Or made her somewhat happy just to see him.

She didn't know, she was just very confused though.

And what was more confusing was that she's scheduled to take his pictures tomorrow and didn't know it was him.

Even more confusing is the difference in his name.

Her daze was interrupted when a few knocks on her door. "A! It's me, Naomi open the door."

Adrian sniffles and tries to wipe her tears from her face before fixing herself to open the door. Naomi stands there with worry and sadness for her friend. She pokes out her bottom lip "Oh honey..." She steps in, closes the door and brings her close as she begins to cry on her shoulder. She couldn't imagine what was going through her head.

"I don't even know what to say..I- when did he get out?" She asked her.

Naomi takes in a deep breath "He's been out since December...Giovanny has been keeping him at his house." Adrian's eyes widen going to cry again hearing how long he's been out and she had no idea. Naomi rubs her back. "I didn't know either! I just found out tonight, I didn't even know that nigga could sing!" Her Detroit accent comes out as she speaks in defense.

"Tonight was his first appearance with his singing so I guess everyone's finding out but Giovanny's dumb ass ain't tell me he was out and was keeping him at his house. I was so mad I told his ass to go home without me." She told her moving them both to the couch. "He was in the car as well, wanting me to give you these." Flowers appear from behind her back, they were pink rose, they were her favorite.