Chapter 46 [ 3rd Floor (Gumble) ]

It had been four weeks since they arrived at the Ptolemaios Sultanate. But Naeva felt that time had passed so quickly. It was true that, with her age, her concept of time was different from everyone else's. For her, even a few years living there was still a short time.

That short time, however, changed many things in her. One of the most noticeable was... Her purpose. Her encounter with Cleopatra made Naeva feel a little unsure about her death. Not because she wanted to live. But she didn't want to die without knowing anything. If she had to die, it would be after she had no regrets and had learned everything about herself first.

Naeva made this decision right after Cleopatra predicted her future. Her ultimate goal was still to die. However, there were some other goals she had to fulfill before that. Such as seeing the state of her disciple's descendants in person, knowing the reason for her immortality, meeting in person by the person who made her immortal and asking him/her some questions. If there was anyone who wanted her to live so badly that he/she were willing to give up everything, Naeva wanted to know about that person. Because everyone she knew would be like that, had gone before her.

Maybe this little journey of hers could change the way she looked at the world. Of Tower. And of herself.

***OOO***

Naeva, Ophelia, Bere, Hamer and Ruka entered the same teleportation portal that they entered earlier when they went to the 2nd Floor Ascension Exam. The difference this time, their destination was 3rd Floor.

Before the exam started, they had discussed what they would do later.

"The 3rd Floor Ascension Exam is special. Unlike other floors where the exam is to get into that floor, the 3rd floor exam is the opposite," Ruka explained at the time.

"We will be teleported directly to 3rd Floor. And the real test starts from there. The test requires us to collect something in order to get out of 3rd Floor. Until that something is collected, we will not be able to get out of 3rd Floor. There is no time limit. It all depends on when that something is collected."

Ruka's explanation sounded vague. Well, that was natural considering he was a low-level Rokka. Just being able to get that much information was good. By combining the information from Ruka and the knowledge they had, they could guess what the 3rd Floor Ascension Exam would be like. So they can strategize to face it.

And thanks to that strategy, they all got through the exam with ease and managed to finish sooner than they expected!

"......."

"......."

"......."

"......."

Or so they hope.

"........"

"........"

But yeah... It's also life. Not everything will go as you wish.

"......."

"......."

"... Where... is this?" thought Naeva.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

****OOO****

Characters Information