Chapter 101 [ Rokka's Oath ]

"Ehh... Onee-san is leaving now?" asked Moka while holding Naeva's dress.

"Can't you stay here a little longer?" it was Saka's turn to hold her with watery eyes.

Ruka, Raka and Youka who escorted Naeva to the teleportation site giggled. It was funny to see Naeva frozen, not knowing what to do in a situation like this.

Naeva had spent about two weeks in Rokka Village. Ruka and Raka tried to find her a personal Rokka in the village. Actually, quite a few Rokkas were willing, considering all the Rokkas there already knew Naeva as an Unofficial Irregular Ranker. But after facing a few small tests from Naeva, people backed off quickly.

Yes, small tests.

Naeva only took them down to the ravine to carry against monsters. She would take Rokka who was mentally strong enough to continue receiving her carry. But even if Naeva killed gracefully, in Rokka's eyes, she was still scary.

Well, no wonder.

Naeva only needed a few seconds to capture a dangerous monster alive and keep it dying until her Rokka could kill the monster with a single strike. For Naeva, killing the monster was much easier than taking it alive in its dying state. So you can imagine how ekhm... her monster looks.

But Naeva didn't leave empty-handed.

Moka who had been holding Naeva was now hugging Ruka tightly.
"At least don't take Ruka!!!"

"Even though Ruka just came home!!!" she cried.

Ruka smiled slightly.
"You can't do that, Moka."

"You know I made a contract with Naeva Nee-san. There's no way I'm breaking it," Ruka said softly as he stroked the little girl's head.

"But! But!"
Moka's crying didn't stop. Instead, Saka joined her in tears.

"HUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Raka and Youka tried to calm them down. They were also sad because Ruka's departure was not something he wanted. However, they had no other choice. It was Ruka's own fault.

Different yet similar to elves, Rokka was a race that highly valued contracts. While not bound by magic contracts like elves, you don't have to worry about breaking a contract if it's with Rokka. Even if it kills them, the Rokka are a race that will never break their contract.

Ruka had already made a contract that he would make Naeva have her own personal Rokka. He suggested his aunt Mika as much as possible. But if Mika couldn't, another Rokka would have to be Naeva's personal Rokka. And since no one was able to, inevitably Ruka himself had to step in.

"Why are you making me out to be villain who broke up family?" Naeva thought in the middle of that sad drama.

Actually, Naeva had no problem not bringing Rokka personally. It's just... as explained, Rokka would never break the contract. They were pretty stubborn about it.

"Take good care of yourself, go back to  village once in a while," Raka patted Ruka on the shoulder.

"Unh."
Ruka nodded, his eyes slightly wet.

Youka patted the other shoulder.
"May success await you in the future, Ruka."

"Thank you, Ojii-san..."

Ruka shed a few tears, so as not to spill the dam, he quickly turned his back to them.
"Ittekimasu, Otou-san... Ojii-san... Moka, Saka..."

"Itterasshai," replied the father and uncle.

"Ruka! Rukaa!!! Don't go!!!"
Moka and Saka pulled Ruka's shirt tightly.

Ruka, who was trying to hold back his tears, was no longer strong enough. His trembling hands and his sister's cries made him shed tears too.
"Gomen, Moka, Saka... Let me go..."