Chapter 13 [ Decoys and Traps ]

Naeva and Ophelia were teleported to the exam site when night fell. Plus, since they were teleported to a forest area, there was very little lighting. Of course, the darkness of the night did not bother the two who had unusual eyes. But Ophelia did not underestimate the situation she was in and chose to be cautious.

"In the end, the goal of this exam is survival, not defeating monsters or fighting with other players. That means there could be something dangerous located in this place."

"The clues I got only explain the outline of the test, there is no information about what monsters are in the exam. Better be careful," Ophelia thought after observing her surroundings.

Ophelia took out a filthy pouch from her robe. Magically, something bigger than the pouch came out of it. Naeva, who had been watching Ophelia, also realized what it was.

"Unusual shape for an Item Box of that size," she said.

The girl in front of her nodded.
"Yes, I deliberately made it look like a cheap pouch."

"I don't understand the minds of people who like to show off their items. There's no point in doing that if you don't have the ability to protect the item."

Naeva was a little surprised, it was rare to find people like Ophelia in the upper circles.
"Hmm... Is it because she grew up in such a situation?"

Unlike the Nova tier, weapons and items in the Tower were also categorized into 7 different categories depending on their power level and rarity. Each of those tiers started from the lowest, namely:

Basic
Rare
Master
Epic
Legend
Mythic
God

Blacksmiths in Tower can craft up to the Magic/Epic level on average and only ranker Blacksmiths can craft items and weapons at the Legend level. That's the only level they can reach. No one, at least no one has been able to make Mythic or even God level items or weapons.

But that doesn't mean weapons or items at that level have never been found. One of the Top 5 Rankers had a Mythic-level weapon as a gift from Tower when her life was on the verge of death first. Thanks to the weapon she got and also thanks to her compatibility with the weapon, her name was raised until she could become a Guild Master and make her guild one of the biggest power holders in Tower.

However, that Mythic weapon was far inferior to the Mythic Semi God weapon owned by the leader of the 7 Grand Families (the remaining 2 families were missing), the Goddess of Music Weapon.

Despite being on the same level, the stat difference between the two was like heaven and Earth. That was why it was no wonder that people revered the Music Goddess Weapon and even went so far as to worship the giver of the weapon as a Goddess.

For the record, Ophelia's Calliope Pen is certainly one of them.

"Sorry Naeva, you don't have to answer that if you don't want to," Ophelia said while setting up camp.

"?"

"I've been curious all along. Those clothes and items you're wearing... Are at the Master level, right? Where did you get the money to buy them and where did you get them?" Ophelia asked.

Surely Ophelia noticed the change in Naeva's clothes before and after their meeting in front of the cotton candy vendor.
"As far as I know, there are no items of that level for sale on the first floor."

Naeva did not answer immediately. She thought about a few things first. She also realized the same thing. The shop she went to that time was a bit strange. Because an ordinary clothing store turned out to have Magic Items that were quite expensive.