Chapter 35 [ The Ice and Sun Deal ]

"That's exactly what happened in the future," Cleopatra said, ending her long story.

"......"
Naeva was silent. She thought about many things. About why she and Ophelia parted ways halfway through, Ophelia becoming the heiress, Lyra being repaired to trigger the war and about herself disappearing completely. There were so many questions in her head. But there was no way she could ask them all.

".... Where were the Grand Sultan and Empress at that time?" Naeva asked after sorting out some questions.

Cleopatra shook her head with a sad expression. Just from that alone, Naeva could already guess the answer.
"I see."

"Hmm... If that's the case, it's no wonder Cleopatra knew I was hiding my true power. It's possible that I, in the future, didn't want to get involved and be conspicuous. But since there was no one who could act to stop them back then, I couldn't help but do so."

"Because after all, it all happened because I repaired Lyra Erato and taught her how to wear it. Moreover, the ones fighting over it are the descendants of my students. I'm sure I can't rest easy if I stay silent," Naeva thought tiredly.

Everything was so troublesome. It seemed that Naeva had underestimated the Butterfly Effect. She didn't expect what she thought was a small thing to have such a huge impact.

Naeva closed her eyes as she leaned back on the long sofa bench. She massaged the gap between her eyes. It felt like her head was spinning just thinking about it all (ah, this is just a metaphor. Naeva never really felt spinning). Seeing Naeva like that, Cleopatra hesitated to say anything.

".... Cleopatra," Naeva called, surprising Cleopatra.

"Y-Yes!?" she replied in surprise.

Naeva glanced at Cleopatra with lazy eyes.
"Will it all be over if the Sun Temple receives enough novas?"

"Ah... That..."
Cleopatra was at a loss for an answer.

"It won't be that easy."

The golden-dark brown-haired blind girl searched for answers from another branch of the future.
"It's impossible for Nova to be given at the beginning, because ordinary Nova is incompatible with the Sun Temple even with Lyra Erato."

"That can happen in the future because of 3 factors. First because the Sun Temple is already experiencing an energy crisis to the point where it can't be picky anymore. Second because there is already a little solar energy filling it from mine and uncle's. And lastly because the channeling medium is not only Lyra Erato but also because of that Aneue, who is a descendant of the Grand Sultan as well."

"Forcing it to be filled with ordinary Nova at the beginning will only cause the little remaining energy to be crushed and explode," Cleopatra replied.

Hearing that made Naeva even more tired.
"So? In what way do you want to change this future?"

Naeva gave up. Let's hear Cleopatra's plan first. After all, this is indeed a crisis that the Sultanate must solve.

Cleopatra has been preparing ways to improve the future for months or years. The girl had already explored various branches of the future to find the best future that could be obtained. And there was only one future where casualties could be minimized and the Sultanate stood firm.

With a sad smile, Cleopatra answered.
"The best future is one where only my uncle and I die."

"!"
Naeva instantly turned to Cleopatra.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

****OOO****