Chapter..|| 5.) Ghosted

☁︎︎     ☁︎︎     ☁︎     ☁︎︎     ☁︎︎

☁︎︎ ☁︎︎ ☁︎ ☁︎︎ ☁︎︎

I was still a little shaken up and confused the next day. I still couldn't understand how Nathan's house caught on fire like that. I mean, he could've accidentally left the stove on. But if he did, it would've been before he got to school-meaning the house would've already been on fire by the time we got there.

I couldn't wrap my head around it-and it was killing me.

"Earth to Luna~?" Lexis voice snapped me out of my small daze. "Milo told me about what happened yesterday, are you okay?" She asked.

I looked at her-"oh, yeh. Yeh I'm fine." I say-smiling. She nods-"I'm surprised you even came to school today. If that happened to me, I would've stayed home." She said.

I shrug-"it's Friday so there's no point." I say. "Understandable. Anyway, have you talked to Nathan since yesterday?" She asked.

"No...I haven't even seen him in school." I frown. "That's..weird." She said-"yeh, I know. Do you think he's trying to avoid me..?" I asked her.

"He's probably embarrassed about how your first date went." She said. I nod-biting my lip anxiously.

"What's up nerds." Me and Lexi looked up, Milo and Luka sat down at our lunch able-Milo in front of me and Luka in front of Lexi. "Stop calling me a nerd, I literally copy Luna because I'm dumb." Lexi said-rolling her eyes at Milo's words.

"You're not dumb." I say. She rolls her eyes-"yeh yeh, anyway. Have you guys seen Nathan?" Lexi asked. "Nathan? Oh that guy who's house caught on fire when y'all were on a date?" Luka asked.

I nod-"I haven't seen him since then. He's not even at school today." I frown. "Why do you care so much?" Milo spoke. I looked at him-"you barley know the guy. His house catching on fire should be a sign that you two aren't meant to be or whatever." He said.

I furrow my brows-"excuse me?" I said. His eyes stare into mine-"why do you hate him so much? What has he ever done to you, Milo?" I spoke.

Milo tensed up as he looked at me-I know he wanted to say something but he couldn't. I sigh-"I'm going to go find Nathan, let me use your car Luka." I spoke, holding my hand out for his car keys.

"What? You're going to skip the rest of the day?" Luka asked. "I want to make sure Nathan's okay." I say. He sighs-digging into his pocket and pulling out his keys, placing them in my hand.

"If you get a scratch on her, I'll fight you." He glared. I glared at him-"don't even start with that." I say-standing up. "Wait what?" Luka spoke-a confused look on his face.